Notifications
Clear all

help me, please

MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/17/2016 7:19 pm

Hey, so I'm quite new here, and am in need of help.

About three months ago, on the 15th of Feburary, I started to notice small bumps on my forehead. They were skin colored, with no real indication of infection or redness. Being the anxious person I am, I began to try and extract them. Of course, this only caused damage and redness. I was heartbroken, and determined to find anything to help. My mom and I sought out a professional at Ulta, who showed me the Clear Start Dermalogica brand. Soon, I ran out, and no progress was made. Over the weeks, I was on and off, popping and letting my skin rest. I tried everything from baby soap to neutrogena's salicylic acid wash, which basically gave me a chemical peel. Until all was proven ineffective,
I tried BareMineral's Mineralixer oil cleanser. This helped the redness and overall appearance of my skin a lot. But, the bumps were still present. This was about three weeks ago. Some of these bumps became infected, but then returned to their normal state. 
Two days ago, on. Friday, I became overcome with so much anxiety, and began to pop every single one of them. My skin is ruined once again; red and infected. It looks terrible. I've lost every lasting bit of confidence, I'm falling into a trapping, depressive state. I've confinded myself to my house all weekend, eating little, not stepping outside. I have been home alone a majority of these days, spending them sobbing uncontrollably, unable to breathe. 
My skin has been remarkably clear until three months ago, and every bit of me is falling apart. I need help, a diagnosis, anything. I will be seeing a dermatologist in
about a week, but I've been waiting for so long, I need people to talk to; who understand. Please, I'm in so much pain.

I've attached two pictures: my skin before and after. The only affected area is my forehead. Sorry for how long this will be.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@antrobinson)

Posted : 04/18/2016 11:35 am

I had cystic acne for about a year, so trust me you look fine, if the over the counter stuff isn't working the chances are your dermatologist may prescribe you some medication. I tried various medications which didn't work but then I started on a course of accutane (which is normally seen as a last resort). What i'm trying to say is, you look good, no matter how you feel, and small spots that are in your pictures, really aren't that bad at all. If you want to talk, feel free.

fay.moo liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 12:01 pm

21 minutes ago, AntRobinson said:

I had cystic acne for about a year, so trust me you look fine, if the over the counter stuff isn't working the chances are your dermatologist may prescribe you some medication. I tried various medications which didn't work but then I started on a course of accutane (which is normally seen as a last resort). What i'm trying to say is, you look good, no matter how you feel, and small spots that are in your pictures, really aren't that bad at all. If you want to talk, feel free.

Do you have any idea, based on the picture, what this could be, or what the dermatologist may prescribe me?
I'm sorry, I'm just really upset by this.

MemberMember
(@antrobinson)

Posted : 04/18/2016 2:24 pm

No sorry i don't, by the looks of things it isn't very severe at all so they won't prescribe anything too strong for you, and because there are so many medications out there its just what they think will work for you. Don't worry about it though, these people are literally trained in how to get rid of spot.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/18/2016 2:48 pm

Your acne is not that bad, but you should see a dermatologist. In the meantime try some of OTC products that contain benzoyl peroxide up to 2.5% such as one by Acne.org or some others including salicylic acid 2% acne cleansing pads. Also make sure you wash off any hair styling products that get onto your forehead as many of them can cause or worsen acne.

Best!

Vise

DeLovely and fay.moo liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 2:49 pm

Thank you, it means a lot.

MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 3:12 pm

21 minutes ago, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

In the meantime try some of OTC products that contain benzoyl peroxide up to 2.5% such as one by Acne.org or some others including salicylic acid 2% acne cleansing pads.

I will be seeing a dermatologist in a week. As of right now, I am using a face wash with 2% salicylic acid. For a moisturizer, 100%, unrefined coconut oil. But, I've heard that coconut oil clogs pores. Is that true?

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/18/2016 3:29 pm

Coconut oil is, unfortunately, comedogenic (meaning it clogs pores) according to Acne.org

http://www.acne.org/comedogenic-list.html

MemberMember

Posted : 04/18/2016 4:21 pm

Yes, coconut oil clogs pores, so do not use it.

Best!
Vise

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 6:38 pm

Do you have any recommendations for a moisturizer? 

Also, here's a picture from just now. Some progress made, I guess.

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@nadia-tamara-lee)

Posted : 04/18/2016 7:01 pm

Hi beautiful,

Try not to worry too much about breakouts because being stressed actually brings on more pimples too. Stay calm and take a few deep breaths whenever you feel overwhelmed.
Has anything changed within your diet or your digestive system? Are you going to the washroom regularly? Your diet has a lot to do with a change in the skin so examine that. Examine the stress level in your life, aside from the stress of the pimples.
The best thing you can do to your skin is to leave it alone. Don't extract it unless it is ready to be extracted and you see the root coming up (the white stuff). The less you do to your skin the better. Just develop a daily, weekly and monthly skincare routine and stick to it. Give your skin time to heal and don't switch products so often. You need at least 4 weeks to see lasting results so please be patient.

Look for an Aesthetician in your area and get a good cleanse from her. Whatever skincare regimen she puts you on follow it and listen to the advice she gives you. Everything will be fine and these won't be there forever so have faith that it will clear up. Keep a good attitude and you'll see a change.

Nadia Tamara Lee

fay.moo liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 8:11 pm

I haven't changed my diet much, if anything, eating much healthier. I will be going to a dermatologist in a week.
I just feel defeated. Three months of this.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 04/18/2016 9:34 pm

1 hour ago, fay.moo said:

I haven't changed my diet much, if anything, eating much healthier. I will be going to a dermatologist in a week.
I just feel defeated. Three months of this.

I'm using a topical gel for my Rosacea , it's called Prosacea gel .... it has sulphur in it , it helps with redness , bumps and dryness but I think it works best for pimples than for redness. You can find it at your local drugstore

fay.moo liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/18/2016 10:10 pm

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/20/2016 6:51 pm

will this scar? 

image.jpeg

MemberMember

Posted : 04/20/2016 7:20 pm

Probably not, but keep the appointment with your dermatologist.

Best!

Vise

fay.moo liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/20/2016 7:35 pm

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/21/2016 9:22 pm

I'm sorry to ask again. Are those infected? They look worse then the did before. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/21/2016 10:31 pm

Your skin looks fine, just a little bit of acne on the forehead. I suggest you don't pick them anymore, as picking/trying to pop a pimple that isn't read to be popped will just cause it to grow larger.

They won't leave any permanent scarring, but you will be left with the red marks which will gradually fade over time.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/21/2016 10:47 pm

Thank you. These are raised, but I can't tell if they're actually infected. They're obviously red, and I feel like the wash I'm using is worsening my skin. I'm getting to a dermatologist soon, but do you have any suggestions as to what I should do before then?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/21/2016 10:53 pm

4 minutes ago, fay.moo said:

Thank you. These are raised, but I can't tell if they're actually infected. They're obviously red, and I feel like the wash I'm using is worsening my skin. I'm getting to a dermatologist soon, but do you have any suggestions as to what I should do before then?

Just avoid touching your forehead throughout the day, that could further irritate the skin. To be honest I think those will heal up on their own within 4-5 days, or they could come to a head. It really doesn't look too bad so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/21/2016 11:01 pm

It's been 3 months. Before I messed with them, they were skin colored, barely red; still bumps though. I have no ideas what these are.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/21/2016 11:42 pm

40 minutes ago, fay.moo said:

It's been 3 months. Before I messed with them, they were skin colored, barely red; still bumps though. I have no ideas what these are.

How long were they red and inflammed? Before you messed with them, they were simply clogged pores/closed comedones, which is the mildest form of acne.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/22/2016 7:06 am

They'reonly inflamed because of me, and it's been exactly a week they havebeen.

MemberMember
(@fay-moo)

Posted : 04/26/2016 6:44 pm

Hey, guys. So, I had my appointment today, and was given this. I have a lot of other sample products from CeraVe, Neutrogena, and Vanicream. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DeLovely liked