Notifications
Clear all

MOISTURIZER HELP!

MemberMember
(@llduo)

Posted : 04/17/2016 9:31 am

I'm looking for a fast-absorbing moisturizer that works as a primer under makeup. It seems everything I've tried is fine for at night, but nothing works well under foundation without it seeming to slide off or get creases. (I tried moisturizer + separate primer, resulted in foundation sliding right off.)

I LOVED Artistry Skin Refinishing lotion, the stuff was bloody brilliant, but it's been discontinued and costs a small fortune now. I tried Smashbox Moisturizing Primer and it does neither of those things (surprised bc it's so expensive). Olay Regenerist, Aveeno, and Cerave just seem to sit on the skin and not absorb, leaving it greasy.

Please send me some affordable suggestions!!!

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/17/2016 10:04 am

I LOVE Dermalogica Active Moist. It has lemon in it (a natural astringent) which sucks up oil and tightens pores. I have oily skin too and I hate moisturizing in general, lol. The Dermalogica line is amazing in general. I suggest researching it and maybe giving it a try! I think you can sample it at Ulta (the make up store, if there's one by you!).

llduo liked
MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 04/19/2016 10:56 pm

If you have a problem with make up sliding off, you may want to invest in a good setting spray. They hold everything in place so you can still use your favorite moisturizer or primer and after applying foundation simply set everything with the setting/finishing spray. They range quite a bit in terms of pricing, I got the Bliss set and go for $34 but I'm sure they have cheaper ones. You can try Sephora or even CVS/Walgreens/Walmart. NYX has one for $8, their matte finish makeup setting spray which got pretty good reviews, you can check that out. 
This is the primer I use btw and I don't find it to be greasy at all. I cannot remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure it wasn't over $15:
 IMG_5506.thumb.jpg.04e9ce4c43294027cd839

llduo liked
MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:06 pm

when i had oily skin i use the neutrogena oil free moisturiser for sensitive skin and that cuts it for me.
but now that i have dry skin i use the cetaphil daily advance ultra hydrating lotion.
i guess it depends on your foundation too eh and if it matches with your moisturiser. i use double wear and both are working fine.

llduo liked
MemberMember
(@lpx)

Posted : 05/17/2016 7:46 pm

Try Elemis 'fresh skin mattifying moisturiser' I have same problems as you and since I found this product id never use anything else! It was literally a blessing lol X 

image.jpeg