Notifications
Clear all

What is your Accutane skincare regimen?

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/15/2016 8:07 am

What do you use as a face wash and moisturizer while on Accutane?
Do you use anything else on your face?

I just finished month 1 of 40mgs and have had such a hard time finding a good face wash. My skin is so irritated and I feel like it is contributing to more breakouts. Today at my one month check up I am going to get suggestions from my derm and post them here too. But your routine would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have found success in this drug alongside your regimen! 🙂

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/16/2016 2:55 pm

I got Cerave Hydrating face wash which is nice (although to be honest my skin isn't yet dry enough for me to need to switch to it so I've mostly been using up my previous Eucerin dermopurifyer stuff)
Moisturiser day - Eucerin dermopurifyer adjunctive care spf30 (specially for dehydrated skin due to acne treatments)
Moisturiser night - switching between Cerave PM and First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream, mixing whichever one with 2 or 3 drops of jojoba oil. I don't have a favourite out of those two yet, they are both doing a good job.
This is working great for me so far! (fingers crossed)
Hope your derm gives you good suggestions 🙂

TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/16/2016 2:57 pm

2 minutes ago, WittySock said:

I got Cerave Hydrating face wash which is nice (although to be honest my skin isn't yet dry enough for me to need to switch to it so I've mostly been using up my previous Eucerin dermopurifyer stuff)
Moisturiser day - Eucerin dermopurifyer adjunctive care spf30 (specially for dehydrated skin due to acne treatments)
Moisturiser night - switching between Cerave PM and First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream, mixing whichever one with 2 or 3 drops of jojoba oil. I don't have a favourite out of those two yet, they are both doing a good job.
This is working great for me so far! (fingers crossed)
Hope your derm gives you good suggestions :)

Thank you! My derm gave me samples of the CeraVe hydrating cleanser and moisturizer. When I get super dry in will try them out. 

WittySock liked
MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/20/2016 3:53 pm

i use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser at night and cetaphil daily advance ultra hydrating lotion as my moisturiser

i am trying to keep my routine as simple as possible so i can detect which is breaking me out

TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@chrissy329)

Posted : 04/22/2016 12:02 pm

I bought cerave hydrating cleanser which I actually wasn't a huge fan of. It burned my skin and felt like it left a film on my face, and my skin got really flaky which made me desperate to exfoliate lol. I actually started using olay daily facials (those dry cloths that foam up when you wet them) and they work really nice. My face doesn't burn like it did with the cerave and it gently exfoliates, so my flakiness isn't so bad.

Also, may sound weird but I've been using raw oatmeal on my skin, which has really made my skin a lot softer. I grind it up into a grainy powder (about the texture of sand) and then take a little handful, use a little lukewarm water to soften it up, and use it as a very gentle scrub. Also good to use on any eczema spots if you've developed that with the accutane.

for moisturizer I use cerave cream. It works well but I am still dry, which I guess is just something you have to deal with on accutane. I just ordered jojoba oil and I definitely have heard amazing things about first aid beauty moisturizer, so I may try that too.

TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@chris_roaccutane_2018)

Posted : 03/02/2018 6:43 am

I get up, apply the Cetaphilgentle cleanser, then go take a shower so I can wash it off properly. it does leave my skin feeling noticeably smooth but this doesn'tlast all day of course. personally, i am finding that I don'tneed to generously apply moisturizer to my face like lots of other people, but when I do I use 'Baby Dove - lotion - sensitive moisture' which is actually for babies. that usually works quite well for me. when I get home I wash my face with hot/luke warm water and a flannel and then go to bed. lips wise, I just pose vaseline on them which works perfectly, I use the aloe vera type.
I'mon 40mg a day and am 5.5 weeks in, and my acne has actually steadily got worse, which is something to note.