Active acne on temp...

Notifications
Clear all

Active acne on temples due to eyeglasses

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 04/14/2016 6:54 pm

My face is usually ~90% clear these days from using the acne.org regimen. However, I still sometimes get a pimple where the temple of the eyeglasses touches the skin of my temples... I am assuming that it is because of some irritation and or pressure. Lately, one of these pimples on my left temple slightly increases in size (to maybe that of half a dime) and was swollen and red for a few days. I decided to wear contacts for a day or two to try to allow the pimple to subside faster.

Are there any over the counter creams or medicines that I can apply to such pimples (the ones that don't come to a whitehead, but swell slightly, are red/then dark red/purple, and last for several days) to heal them faster or make them go away sooner?

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/14/2016 7:39 pm

Have you moved lately? I used to get those ALL THE TIME after moving. I was freaking out!! I do not wear glasses, just long hair. After I realized it was water, I was able to get rig of those. I started taking my makeup off with special towels and different toners. After every shower, I dry my face and clean it with the toner ASAP...helps SO MUCH!

TheeGrace liked
MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 04/17/2016 9:58 am

On 4/15/2016 at 8:39 PM, iCogito said:

Have you moved lately? I used to get those ALL THE TIME after moving. I was freaking out!! I do not wear glasses, just long hair. After I realized it was water, I was able to get rig of those. I started taking my makeup off with special towels and different toners. After every shower, I dry my face and clean it with the toner ASAP...helps SO MUCH!

I have not moved in a few years. I will try to make sure to dry that area of my face after showering, but I think it is still from some irritation from my glasses... I think I will try to wear contacts more often, especially if I notice any mark or pimple in that area that can develop into a larger and more inflamed version of itself.

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/20/2016 8:45 pm

On 4/17/2016 at 7:58 AM, IchhasseAkne said:
I have not moved in a few years. I will try to make sure to dry that area of my face after showering, but I think it is still from some irritation from my glasses... I think I will try to wear contacts more often, especially if I notice any mark or pimple in that area that can develop into a larger and more inflamed version of itself.

Oh I see. Wearing contacts will show you if it is your glasses or not. I hope it gets better for you!