Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone noticed their acne get worse from vaping?

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 04/14/2016 1:22 pm

Hi all

im wondering if there is a correlation between acne and vaping. My acne has definitely got worse in the 2 years since quitting cigarettes but I vape with an e-cigarette and am wondering if this might be causing this recent flare up.

does anyone else here have a similar experience?

MemberMember
(@starpower)

Posted : 04/16/2016 8:23 am

On April 13, 2016 at 3:52 PM, bee4acne said:

Hi all

im wondering if there is a correlation between acne and vaping. My acne has definitely got worse in the 2 years since quitting cigarettes but I vape with an e-cigarette and am wondering if this might be causing this recent flare up.

does anyone else here have a similar experience?

I dont think there's been any study that correlates acne and water vapor, but I have an idea as to why it may be happening.

I built/opened/ran/owned a Vapor shop in my city for 2 years before selling it, just this past March, so I know a little about vaping.

As as someone who uses Vapor instead of smoke, do you use a regulated vaporizer/e-cig, or do you run a Mod or RDA like a lot of the kids have been doing recently?

The reason I ask is because of vapor production. Basically, all that is coming out of your mouth after you take a puff is water vapor.

If if you're constantly using your e-cig and water vapor is constantly floating up past your face, I can see the excessive moisture creating an issue in the skin on your face. This is reinforced if you use a "mod" or an RDA as they produce more vapor and obviously that leads to more vapor/moisture touching your face .

Other then that I can't think of anything in an ecig or its fluid that'd make you have any issues. As long as you're making sure the fluid you are using is lab-tested! DO NOT USE FLUID IF IT HASNT BEEN THIRD PARTY LAB TESTED!

You can really damage your insides with some of the chemicals found in these "home made" fluids, not to mention your actual skin.

Hope that helps !