Notifications
Clear all

My accutane journey.

MemberMember
(@egk5349)

Posted : 04/14/2016 9:05 am

Hi! Starting my journey on accutane, this would be day 8 for me and I'm not noticing anydifference yet! My skin is still having some flare ups thinking maybe this is the "initial breakout"??!!! My skin is not awful it is just the texture is off and I get terrible hormonal breakouts. I'm on a once a day 20mg dosage right now. I've been using Burt's Bee's oil cleanser and Eminence 8 greens youth serum with some first aid beauty lotion to follow up. I've been still using spot treatment on some spots that have been popping up and I use a Netrugena anti wrinkle sunscreen and bought some Cortibalm Chapstick on Amazon which has 1% hydrocortisone in it...even if I wasn't on accutane I would buy this stuff it is the best Chapstick I have ever used!!! Also sugar lip products are amazing as well! Last night I did a honey mask which I feel did help the redness on my face!! Literally just slather Manuka honey on your face and it really is a miracle worker! I've been struggling with acne on and off for 5 years so I am hoping this is a long term fix because now I'm worried about scarring!!! Will keep updates! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@soundschedule)

Posted : 04/14/2016 3:05 pm

Hi Egk5349!

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your Accutane journey! It takes an immense amount of courage to go down this path, and I applaud you.

I just finished my course and saw SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT!

Hang in there! The side effects are quite impressive, but nothing that cannot be combatted. Also, your face will clear in a short time.

Good for you to being taking this big step, and I know from experience that your life will become so much better in quality if you stay on and keep strong.

I wish you so much luck!

Keep updating!