Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide on blind pimple

MemberMember
(@jakobs)

Posted : 04/14/2016 1:32 am

Basically I've got two, pretty small, red bumps on my chin. They have been there for a few days with almost no change. They don't have a white head yet aswell and i really just want them to go away

I usually get a few of these every month. They are red for a few days, get a white head, then eventually begins to fade away. It's still a red mark on my face even months after which is really annoying.

So I'm wondering if I could spot treat them with a thin layer of BP 5%. Will this make them go away faster or just make it worse? Please tellme if you've tried it before, Thank you! 🙂

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/24/2016 1:47 am

From my experience, tea tree oil leaves less redness to the skin compared to BP. I'd use 5% Tea tree oil mixed with jojoba oil and that will not only kill the bacteria, but will help rejuvenate the skin at the same time so you're not dealing with so much redness.

MemberMember
(@funnyguy69)

Posted : 06/24/2016 2:35 am

When I do that on spots like you describe, I find that they come to a whitehead MUCH quicker than if no BP was used. I use BP10% and they're usually at a whitehead and ready to pop the next day.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/24/2016 8:41 am

I find putting a hot washcloth on the spot 3 times per day helps it get better a lot faster, it will either ccvome to a head or go down in swelling.