Notifications
Clear all

Can you list some anti inflammatory foods\ supplements?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/13/2016 9:26 am

Hi, I'm trying to get together a list of anti inflammatory foods, supplements and antioxidants. If you know any to add, please feel free. Thanks. The ones I came up with are:
Berries
Vitamic C
Green tea
Fatty fish\ fish oils
Evening primrose oil
Turmeric
Pumpkin seeds
Flax seeds
Cocoa
Coconut oil

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2016 9:44 am

30-40 mgs of zinc gluconate...lots of research backing its use for calming acne inflammation, and Dan himself personally recommends. This form is more bioavailable than other forms.

A note on fish oil...not all are effective for acne! Look for a high-potency, highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil with at least half of the omega 3 fatty acid from EPA omega 3. The higher the EPA, the better it is for calming inflammation. 1000 - 2000 mgs of EPA omega 3 per day is optimal. Carlson brand Norwegian fish oil in the bottle is the most potent I've come across, although drinking it by the teaspoon isn't going to work for everyone. So I recommend Solgar Triple Strength Omega 3 fish oil and taking 2 gel caps per day. 2 gel caps contains 2000 mgs of omega 3 fish oil, 1000 mgs of which is EPA omega 3. Kirkland (Costco) also makes a good affordable high-potency fish oil gel cap but you may have to take like 3 or more of these per day.

Vitamin A...eat foods high in Vitamin A, and supplement with 10,000 IU per day for inflammation.

Here's a great article that talks about vitamins to heal your acne! :)
https://www.naturalacneclinic.com/vitamins-to-heal-your-acne/

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/13/2016 9:52 am

7 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

30-40 mgs of zinc gluconate...lots of research backing its use for calming acne inflammation, and Dan himself personally recommends. This form is more bioavailable than other forms.

A note on fish oil...not all are effective for acne! Look for a high-potency, highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil with at least half of the omega 3 fatty acid from EPA omega 3. The higher the EPA, the better it is for calming inflammation. 1000 - 2000 mgs of EPA omega 3 per day is optimal. Carlson brand Norwegian fish oil in the bottle is the most potent I've come across, although drinking it by the teaspoon isn't going to work for everyone. So I recommend Solgar Triple Strength Omega 3 fish oil and taking 2 gel caps per day. 2 gel caps contains 2000 mgs of omega 3 fish oil, 1000 mgs of which is EPA omega 3. Kirkland (Costco) also makes a good affordable high-potency fish oil gel cap but you may have to take like 3 or more of these per day.

Vitamin A...eat foods high in Vitamin A, and supplement with 10,000 IU per day for inflammation.

Here's a great article that talks about vitamins to heal your acne! :)
https://www.naturalacneclinic.com/vitamins-to-heal-your-acne/

thank you very much!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2016 9:56 am

Just an FYI, but if you're taking fish oil, you should also definitely take zinc along with it, as zinc helps the body metabolize and absorb omega 3 fatty acids! :)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2016 1:42 pm

Here's another great article on foods that can help acne! :)
http://www.annmariegianni.com/5-foods-that-reduce-breakouts/

Add oysters to the list...great natural source of zinc!

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 04/13/2016 1:49 pm

Rooibos Tea is AMAZING.

DeLovely liked