Accutane 10mg log

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/12/2016 5:10 pm

Im a 20yr old female, ive been on bactrim double strength for 2 months with epiduo, but it hasnt worked it helping me with really stubborn cystic pimples on my cheek. (but bactrim has done wonders for my back acne!)
I started accutane about 1 week ago, my skin before accutane had actually improved heaps because i had to wait so long to the dermatologist, but she prescribed me accutane anyway, She told me to continue using bactrim for two months (gradually decsreasing the dose befores stopping altogether) and she will up my dose of accutane when i get off bactrim.
My skin is mainly affected on my right cheek, i dont have any indented scars there .... yet... but im really hoping that i wont develop that many scars there during accutane

On day 4, literally 4 cystic pimples on my cheek rose to the top of my skin all at the same time! i had always felt them under my skin, so it should have been no suprise that they'd come up sooner or later but i was still a bit shocked.

Day 8 - one of the cysts has completely flattened like... nothing happened, and they are all reducing in size and swelling (and pain!)
-lips are starting to get noticeably dry, but my skin is still oily?like when i wear my make up i'll still have a shine halfway through the day and will need to touch up my makeup. Because my skin is still oily i have been continuing to use epiduo on my breakouts (BUT i will stop this the minute my skin becomes drier or unable to cope with both, also because im on such a low dose and its still early days in treatment)

will keep posted!

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/13/2016 4:30 am

i dont mean to seem so eager with these updates BUT
day 9- i removed my makeup and was SOOO shocked at how red my skin was
it was red in places i didnt even know you could be red, like under my eyes, and one of cystic pimples has nearly doubled in size after seemingly getting better... ive never had a breakout this bad before :( (or a pimple that size! its hugeeee!! and it bugles out my cheek... so noticeable under lighting ... sad :( )

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/17/2016 2:42 pm

WOW our situations are SO similar. I was breaking out more than I ever had the month before Accutane, so my derm gave me Epiduo Forte and Bactrim to take during the month before, and the first 2 months of Accutane. Literally got me 80% clear. I thought I wasn't gonna get my Accutane, lol. But I can tell you it is gonna get worse before it gets better, especially the first month and maybe even the second. I went through a few solid weeks of and initial breakout and am still purging, My initial breakout started on day 10 and was the worst my skin had been in a while. But now, day 32, the spots have gotten so small and resolve themselves in a day or two. If you can make it through month one, you got this!!

MemberMember
(@m1997)

Posted : 04/22/2016 9:19 am

On 13/04/2016 at 10:30 AM, accubane said:

it was red in places i didnt even know you could be red, like under my eyes, and one of cystic pimples has nearly doubled in size after seemingly getting better... ive never had a breakout this bad before :( (or a pimple that size! its hugeeee!! and it bugles out my cheek... so noticeable under lighting ... sad :( )

I have just experienced the same thing. I just removed my makeup because my face felt super tight and when I looked in the mirror my face was bright red and the several cysts I have on my face look twice as big all of a sudden.. I've been on accutane for 5 weeks, 10mg for the first 3 weeks then my dermatologist moved me up to 20mg. I expected the initial breakout to be gone by now but it seems to be getting worse:( atleast breakouts heal quicker on accutane though.. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/24/2016 12:34 am

On 4/17/2016 at 5:42 AM, TaneBabe said:

WOW our situations are SO similar. I was breaking out more than I ever had the month before Accutane, so my derm gave me Epiduo Forte and Bactrim to take during the month before, and the first 2 months of Accutane. Literally got me 80% clear. I thought I wasn't gonna get my Accutane, lol. But I can tell you it is gonna get worse before it gets better, especially the first month and maybe even the second. I went through a few solid weeks of and initial breakout and am still purging, My initial breakout started on day 10 and was the worst my skin had been in a while. But now, day 32, the spots have gotten so small and resolve themselves in a day or two. If you can make it through month one, you got this!! 

Hey! im day 20 now and as soon as some of my pimples  flatten, new ones pop up so i decided to continue my epiduo (which i feel is saving my life right now lol). I am just excited for 6 months (or however long itll take) till my skin doesnt feel like this! and i think Im so used to having bad skin on my cheek that this initial breakout isnt phasing me as much!! thanks for your support 🙂

On 4/22/2016 at 0:19 AM, M1997 said:
On 4/13/2016 at 7:30 PM, accubane said:

I have just experienced the same thing. I just removed my makeup because my face felt super tight and when I looked in the mirror my face was bright red and the several cysts I have on my face look twice as big all of a sudden.. I've been on accutane for 5 weeks, 10mg for the first 3 weeks then my dermatologist moved me up to 20mg. I expected the initial breakout to be gone by now but it seems to be getting worse:( atleast breakouts heal quicker on accutane though.. Good luck!

Hey  my cysts have definitely been flaring up particularly on accutane but its the hardest part because they are so noticeable and painful! i hope you can get through it ( i hope i can too lol) because the first 6-8 weeks are the worst :( but AFTER is the good part so keep on keeping on :) !!

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/24/2016 12:52 am

OK so day 20
-listen ive been reaaalllllllyyyyy bad with my skin, like squeezing wise.... I KNOW its bad but i did it anyway because i had so many pimples up to the surface (and i have 0 self control) , obviously this hasnt done me any favours with the redness but a lot of my pimples are flat now, and i find that after a day or two of scabbing, and that falls off ( this is really gross my apologies) its pretty much flat and blends in with normal skin... but its just a bit red., for obvious reasons.

-my forehead hasnt broken out tho weeew! (yet .. )

(really gross talk below sorry)
But i have this one pimple that got SINCE day 4, its been 16 days and this ugly pimple still hasnt gone, when i stretch my cheek out i can it turns like white, so i know theres like stuff inside it but im too scared to touch it. it reminds me of one of those pimples that people get surgically removed, like im hoping my body can take care of the pimple instelf with accutane... its just so big.

ENOUGH of that but what i wanted to share aswell is something really random
I really like make up but not like make up you use to cover your face from belmishes (like what i smother on now) but like lip sticks and eyeshadows and all that because i REALLLLLY like that make up look with dewy rosy skin and lip tints and all that, but thats pretty hard to achieve on accutane with a face like this and crusty lips ( )
SO ive kinda been buying stuff that i like and been putting it in a shoebox for post-accutane me lol its really corny but im so excited to bust that box open i have so much stuff in there its only been 20 days lmao but its like my goal to wear minimal make up and its really motivating to get through accutane with that in mind :)

what meals do you have with accutane? ( i like to get the 20g fat just to absorb as much as i can) because ive been having oats, almond milk and a few nuts which fills the 20g fat but im getting so bored of it lol

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 04/24/2016 8:56 am

7 hours ago, accubane said:

OK so day 20
-listen ive been reaaalllllllyyyyy bad with my skin, like squeezing wise.... I KNOW its bad but i did it anyway because i had so many pimples up to the surface (and i have 0 self control) , obviously this hasnt done me any favours with the redness but a lot of my pimples are flat now, and i find that after a day or two of scabbing, and that falls off ( this is really gross my apologies) its pretty much flat and blends in with normal skin... but its just a bit red., for obvious reasons.

-my forehead hasnt broken out tho weeew! (yet .. )

(really gross talk below sorry)
But i have this one pimple that got SINCE day 4, its been 16 days and this ugly pimple still hasnt gone, when i stretch my cheek out i can it turns like white, so i know theres like stuff inside it but im too scared to touch it. it reminds me of one of those pimples that people get surgically removed, like im hoping my body can take care of the pimple instelf with accutane... its just so big.

ENOUGH of that but what i wanted to share aswell is something really random
I really like make up but not like make up you use to cover your face from belmishes (like what i smother on now) but like lip sticks and eyeshadows and all that because i REALLLLLY like that make up look with dewy rosy skin and lip tints and all that, but thats pretty hard to achieve on accutane with a face like this and crusty lips ( )
SO ive kinda been buying stuff that i like and been putting it in a shoebox for post-accutane me lol its really corny but im so excited to bust that box open i have so much stuff in there its only been 20 days lmao but its like my goal to wear minimal make up and its really motivating to get through accutane with that in mind :)

what meals do you have with accutane? ( i like to get the 20g fat just to absorb as much as i can) because ive been having oats, almond milk and a few nuts which fills the 20g fat but im getting so bored of it lol

I love this! I think it's awesome. Whenever you are having a rough day you can look at the box and remember that it will all be worth it! My goal post accutane is to be clean shaven. I always have facial hair so I can hide my acne. I also want to join a dating website :P

I always eat after lunch, usually it something like pasta/burritos/burgers/Vietnamese/soup. 

Good luck with your course :) 

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/24/2016 5:24 pm

8 hours ago, tranceaddict said:
I love this! I think it's awesome. Whenever you are having a rough day you can look at the box and remember that it will all be worth it! My goal post accutane is to be clean shaven. I always have facial hair so I can hide my acne. I also want to join a dating website :P

I always eat after lunch, usually it something like pasta/burritos/burgers/Vietnamese/soup. 

Good luck with your course :) 

Thanks! One day  you will be clean shaven and ill be make up free! it will happen!! :) i have so many things that im putting off untill im done with accutane, i just feel like i will enjoy them more and be more confident if my skin was better but i find it super motivating
Good luck with accutane!

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 04/25/2016 7:38 pm

Something that I've noticed that my face burns if I moisturise my face straight after washing it, even for cetaphil and that stuffs approved for like baby skin, BUT if I wait a bit after I wash my face till my face is like fully dry, it's absolutely fine!!!! At first I was really concerned about my skin being so sensitive on accutane but it's really not as bad as I thought

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 05/04/2016 9:19 am

month 1 down!!!!- all in all... a pretty crappy month as expected
my lips --> stilll dry crusty and sad
skin--> a bit more pimply.... great..
- my forehead clear but left cheek still cystic womp womp
NOW im doubling my dose from 1 tablet 10mg to 2 tablets 10mg!!! (also will be reducing my antibiotic.... eeeeepp)

Im expecting month 2 to be the similiar... because ive heard month 2 is a frustrating month, where you dont really see much progress
( this is obviously different for people BUT it seems like the path im headed to be honest)

AND BTW i bought THE BEST concealer...... it hides... so MUCH... its bare minerals bareskin...i love it

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 05/17/2016 7:16 am

so month 1 day 13 i think????
Anyways my skin has gone down considerably, but my cheek acne is still persistent.... smaller but persistent

i also have been dieting for the past week which has made it hard for me to have the 20g of fat per tablet i take, so i feel my absorption of accutane has gone down.

btw what i said about that concealer in the previous post... ignore that... the good full coverage isnars all day luminous weightless foundation and their creamy concealer....... listen.... they are so good......

ALSO some confidence milestones, im starting to tie my hair up OUT OF CHOICE (dun dun!!!) normally i keep it down and sort of covering my cheeks, but not recently!! i just realised how many awkward mannerisms ive picked up after having bad acne, like always turning so people dont see my bad cheek or like putting my hands in front of my face
BUT IM CHANGING THAT NOW so wooooo!!!

almost down to month 2 woop woop woop woop

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/17/2016 1:52 pm

Aw, congrats I'm happy it's getting better! the moment when you don't ave to hide anymore... it's so amazing! :D Good luck! 

MemberMember
(@binkybunny)

Posted : 05/18/2016 8:14 pm

Thanks for sharing. I just started 10mg a week ago. So far only feel little tired when I run. No noticablely dry skin or dry lips?! The skin hasn't gone better either. Just got a couple of new ones today. When did you start to notice the improvement?

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 05/18/2016 8:57 pm

35 minutes ago, BinkyBunny said:

Thanks for sharing.  I just started 10mg a week ago.  So far only feel little tired when I run.  No noticablely dry skin or dry lips?!  The skin hasn't gone better either.  Just got a couple of new ones today.  When did you start to notice the improvement?

hey i got my dry lips i think at the end of the first week... but its nothing like it is now, its so bad right now :'( my lips are a like a mosaic of different pink colours because parts keep peeling no matter how consistent i am with lip balm (my skin hasnt gotten dry tho which is weird) :( i didnt see any improvment in my first month... to be honest it was the worst my acnes ever been (my  flare up acne kicked in like day 4) and so far im still waiting for those to settle down. but because i havent really had any major flare ups since then, my pigmented scarring has gone down a lot! im just still waiting for these deep pimples to go(which i think will either happen this month or the one after...  or the one after, in either case im happy to wait as long as it goes). Id say give it a month or two! but if you flare up it may not be that bad! and your improvement may be seen earlier :)

just know that it will go by so SO SO fast!!!!! good luck!

On 5/17/2016 at 4:52 AM, dubutofu said:

Aw, congrats I'm happy it's getting better! the moment when you don't ave to hide anymore... it's so amazing! :D Good luck! 

AWW thanks 

MemberMember
(@binkybunny)

Posted : 05/24/2016 2:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.  10mg Day 12 today.  I got lots of new small ones in the last few days. Around my mouth and on my cheeks...Grrrr...Good to know that yours got better after a month.  I will just have to be patient i guess.  My lips are still not dry O_O I started to use Retain A-0.01% cream every other night too. Just to keep the inflammation down.  So far no dry skin on my face either.   Definitely felt light headed when I run/hike now.  No joint pain yet.

Do you take any fish oil supplement?  Some people recommend it, but I am afraid it will make the acne worse. 

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 05/26/2016 7:14 am

On 5/24/2016 at 5:26 AM, BinkyBunny said:

Thanks for the reply.  10mg Day 12 today.  I got lots of new small ones in the last few days. Around my mouth and on my cheeks...Grrrr...Good to know that yours got better after a month.  I will just have to be patient i guess.  My lips are still not dry O_O I started to use Retain A-0.01% cream every other night too. Just to keep the inflammation down.  So far no dry skin on my face either.   Definitely felt light headed when I run/hike now.  No joint pain yet.

Do you take any fish oil supplement?  Some people recommend it, but I am afraid it will make the acne worse. 

i dont take any supplements but i do make sure i get 20g fat (or there abouts) before i take accutane i just add avocado to my meals to be honest hahah ive also been reccomended zinc supplements by other friends who went on accutane.
. dont worry about your inital break out!! and yeh i still use epiduo on accutane, but i think im gunna stop now becuase my skins getting more sensitive lol but having a topical cream really helped with my breakouts :)
Oh man i hope you start to feel better on ur runs/hikes, just make sure u tell ur derm everything and all ur side effects if they get worse

MemberMember
(@binkybunny)

Posted : 06/01/2016 2:17 pm

Accutane 10mg week 3 update:  Lips are dry now, but not cracked.  I use the Carmex Lip balm in the tube.  So far works well for me.  Haven't got any new pimples in the last few days.  Skin feels little drier too, but still can apply my regular make up.  I think it starts to work   Seems like I have a slower recovery from my workout.  More noticeable in the first two weeks.  Have dry mouth when I run (15-20K distance). No joint pain.

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 08/07/2016 7:14 am

MONTH 3 UPDATE (woop woophalf way woop woop)
yo my skin... is so smooth :o like when i get a pimple its teeeeeeny and i make a big deal out of it because its just so rare now. (plus it goes away in a day or so) all im dealing with is slight dark marks of where the pimples used to be, but other than that its been smooth sailing, only dry lips!

im now more confident to use products other than cetaphil, and have been using korean face masks and man..... they are too good!!!!

only bummer about accutane is i wanted to get a tattoo for my 21st birthday but its really not reccomended :( 

ill upload some progress pics soon :)

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 08/09/2016 8:29 am

^Im so happy knowing that even a small dosage works very well.

Im also on 10mg/day dosage for 6 mos, currently at day 18. My face is really red and dry right now. It's like sandpaper I can feel all the clog on my pores drying and coming out. My current side effects are dry skin, lips and joint pain. No initial breakout like cystic acne, just few inflamed whiteheads. I don't use moisturizer, just a soap given by my derm.

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 08/10/2016 7:44 pm

On 8/9/2016 at 11:29 PM, Zaaacdy said:

^Im so happy knowing that even a small dosage works very well.

Im also on 10mg/day dosage for 6 mos, currently at day 18. My face is really red and dry right now. It's like sandpaper I can feel all the clog on my pores drying and coming out. My current side effects are dry skin, lips and joint pain. No initial breakout like cystic acne, just few inflamed whiteheads. I don't use moisturizer, just a soap given by my derm. 

The beginnings the hardest :( try to stay out the sun to minimise redness and just drink a lot of water!! at least you have no cystic acne breakouts!! you're already halfway though month 1 :) which is awesome!! good luck man itll get way better!!

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 08/10/2016 9:09 pm

OK HERE are my progress pics, i only took photos of my right cheek because that was the one that had the worst acne - sorry about the lightning changes! but hopefully u ca still see it
Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 12.02.42 pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 12.05.24 pm.png

hope this was helpful :) im closer to 4 months now but i havent taken a picture :o 

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 08/12/2016 9:23 am

On 8/11/2016 at 8:44 AM, accubane said:
The beginnings the hardest :( try to stay out the sun to minimise redness and just drink a lot of water!! at least you have no cystic acne breakouts!! you're already halfway though month 1 :) which is awesome!! good luck man itll get way better!!

thanks! your face is amazing now.

MemberMember
(@accubane)

Posted : 11/24/2016 7:09 am

LAST UPDATE probs
SO my 6 months is OVER!!! and my derm told me i should stop my treatment ( because it was a low dose of 10-20mg it could be longer than 6 months) buuuuuuuut i asked for 2 more months of prescriptions for good measure and to also ease me off the medication because im dead petrified of PIMPLES RETURNING!! but my skin is... probably the clearest its been in years

she prescribed my retrieve cream as a back up or maintenance cream that can be used all over the face to fight pigmentation and so fast.. im loving that too
i never thought id see the day id walk out of the house with no make up but ive been doing it so often now honeslty accutane saved my skins life if youre thinking about accutane go for it don be scared xx