Notifications
Clear all

Clogged pores?

MemberMember
(@rachnshaw)

Posted : 04/12/2016 11:07 am

I just doIMG_0108.thumb.jpg.ea7088f61cfaf9fb534bfn't know, I have no idea what caused it,
I had perfect cIMG_0106.thumb.jpg.915ba912d5d5067dd78b7lear skin up until IMG_0107.thumb.jpg.53d8627f032a7975b4d56a couple months ago, I then had a bad breakout but luckily I got it under control, but now I don't know how to get rid of the last few lingering ones, along with the redness, I think they might be scars, but i just don't know, I do have clogged pores on my forehead though, and the ones on my cheeks have improved but the redness if still there.  

Current routine:
Am: Body Shop Vitamin E gentle cleanser
        Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid
        Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser (spf15)

PM: Dermalogica PreCleanse (to remove makeup)
       Body Shop Vitamin E gentle cleanser
       Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid
       Body Shop Vitamin E overnight oil

MemberMember
(@rhodalove)

Posted : 04/12/2016 8:36 pm

You have great skin, but I understand the small spots bothering you. You are using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid which is good for clogged pores. Have you tried using it once a day instead of twice a day? Your skin could be getting tolerant to it so it's not as effective. Try taking out the Body Shop Vit E oil at night for about a week or two to see if you notice a difference. Did you try a new foundation?

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 04/12/2016 10:22 pm

i would just remove all the body shop products completely. they actually use bad ingredients that cause acne, irritation and half the ingredients are really toxic.
here are the ingredients for the moisturizer with spf:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Octyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Sunscreen), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Phenyl Trimethicone (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (Surfactant/Emulsifying Agent), Cetyl Dimethicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Sesamum Indicum Oil (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Parfum (Fragrance), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Behenyl Alcohol (Emollient), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Emollient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant) ,
try going to this website http://cosdna.com/ , open the Analyze Cosmetics and copy and paste the ingredients, analyze them and consider NEVER USING IT AGAIN. i would look for something a little less irritating. cosdna is a very resourceful tool if you have acne. my favorite drugstore cleanser is this https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=179586/garnier-clean-gentle-clarifying-cleansing-gel-sensitive-skin/Garnier/Cleansers but lately ive been going for organic stuff. andalou naturals is a really good brand. the probiotic + vitamin c moisturizer is amazing. i dont think i will ever use anything else. for the longest time i used cerave pm lotion and its decent i guess..

rhodalove liked
MemberMember
(@rachnshaw)

Posted : 04/13/2016 1:35 am

4 hours ago, jazzybelle said:

You have great skin, but I understand the small spots bothering you. You are using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid which is good for clogged pores. Have you tried using it once a day instead of twice a day? Your skin could be getting tolerant to it so it's not as effective. Try taking out the Body Shop Vit E oil at night for about a week or two to see if you notice a difference. Did you try a new foundation?

I'll try the Paula's choice one a day at night but the Body Shop Vit E oil has actually helped my skin when it got quite irritated but I'll leave it out for a few weeks. I've always been switching foundations so I have idea if that could be the cause, I should probably stick to just one for a bit.

3 hours ago, hopeless87 said:

i would just remove all the body shop products completely. they actually use bad ingredients that cause acne, irritation and half the ingredients are really toxic.
here are the ingredients for the moisturizer with spf:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Octyl Salicylate (Sunscreen), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Sunscreen), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Phenyl Trimethicone (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Potassium Cetyl Phosphate (Surfactant/Emulsifying Agent), Cetyl Dimethicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Sesamum Indicum Oil (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Parfum (Fragrance), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Behenyl Alcohol (Emollient), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Emollient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant) ,
try going to this website http://cosdna.com/ , open the Analyze Cosmetics and copy and paste the ingredients, analyze them and consider NEVER USING IT AGAIN. i would look for something a little less irritating. cosdna is a very resourceful tool if you have acne. my favorite drugstore cleanser is this https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=179586/garnier-clean-gentle-clarifying-cleansing-gel-sensitive-skin/Garnier/Cleansers but lately ive been going for organic stuff. andalou naturals is a really good brand. the probiotic + vitamin c moisturizer is amazing. i dont think i will ever use anything else. for the longest time i used cerave pm lotion and its decent i guess..

Wow I'll probably stop the body shop stuff now, thank you! I'll try the garnier cleanser, has the moisturiser got spf?

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 04/13/2016 10:33 am

8 hours ago, Rachnshaw said:
I'll try the Paula's choice one a day at night but the Body Shop Vit E oil has actually helped my skin when it got quite irritated but I'll leave it out for a few weeks. I've always been switching foundations so I have idea if that could be the cause, I should probably stick to just one for a bit. Wow I'll probably stop the body shop stuff now, thank you! I'll try the garnier cleanser, has the moisturiser got spf?

no, it has no spf. i put it on at night and in the morning i mix a little bit with andalou's 1000 roses cc cream that is spf 30. i like it because its 20% zinc oxide, which is great for acnegenic skin...and it smells like roses...

MemberMember
(@rhodalove)

Posted : 04/13/2016 4:57 pm

15 hours ago, Rachnshaw said:
I'll try the Paula's choice one a day at night but the Body Shop Vit E oil has actually helped my skin when it got quite irritated but I'll leave it out for a few weeks. I've always been switching foundations so I have idea if that could be the cause, I should probably stick to just one for a bit. Wow I'll probably stop the body shop stuff now, thank you! I'll try the garnier cleanser, has the moisturiser got spf?

Yes, I recommend finding a foundation that works for you and sticking to it. Be sure to go with foundation that is not irritating to your skin and does not cause you to breakout.