Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@jason2)

Posted : 04/11/2016 6:46 pm

I want to get everyones thoughts on Accutane? My dermatologist says its the best solution for me to get rid of acne once and for all. I'm 21 and get mild acne, however in the last few months my acne is sadly leaving scars. I've never had to deal with scars and it really sucks. Anyways my Dermatologist thinks after 6 months on accutane I should be acne free for the rest of my life, I've been fighting acne since I was 12, almost 10 years....

Side notes I'm about 10 pounds over weight and thats stayed consist for quite awhile, every since I started getting scars I started eating a lot heathier and avoiding foods that are bad for acne or cause acne. Bread, white sugar, fast food, fried food, red meat ect... However none of that seems to help me :/

Any advice would be great!!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/12/2016 2:07 am

You say you that you have mild acne,how mild ?

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 04/13/2016 10:43 pm

The diet acne/ diet thing is a myth. Reduce your calorie intake and maybe increase physical activity and the weight will come off.
sorry about your scarring. Accutane usually causes permanent clearance, especially for those couple with mild/ moderate acne.
Accutane isn't the only acne medicine out there but it is by far the most effective.

MemberMember
(@soundschedule)

Posted : 04/14/2016 3:13 pm

Hi Jason2!

I recently wrapped my Accutane regimen, and it was the best thing I have ever done in my life.

I was in the same place as you; my skin was gradually getting worse and nothing that I tried was working. I decided to take on Accutane, and it has changed my life.

I am going to be honest, the side effects are nothing to brush off. I had very dry skin, but as long as you moisturize daily, that is not a big problem. I had joint pain but that has gradually decreased as the months went on. No other drastic side effects to report.

Just do it! It was hard for me to make the decision because I was so nervous about the side effects.

I am telling you from my experience to take that leap! You will be so happy with the results in a few short months!

Good luck! I wish you all the courage in the world!

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/27/2016 4:50 pm

i am 23 and i had acne since i was 10 years old. when i was 16 i took birth control pills which cleared my skin to extremely mild then gradually for worse. january this year i started going for facials and light therapies and that seemed to work temporarily. however justifying the cost is too much so i decided to go to doctors and at that time i had mild but persistent acne. i show scarring on my face and had chest and back acne. i was prescribed accutane and cureently on day 33 and my skin is purging like crazy that i would classify this as moderate to severe but i am hoping it gets better soon. 🙂