Notifications
Clear all

Ceravae burning

MemberMember
(@lancerdancer01)

Posted : 04/10/2016 3:46 pm

So I did the regimen a couple years ago and it did work rather well for me. Didn't clear me completely but improved. Instead of Dan's regimen I used ceravae based on reviews. Ceravae worked well for moisturization but would make my eyes burn after a few hours. It became untolerable, especially in the summer when I sweated.

Now I figured it may have been the bp mixed in there that caused the burning. However, i wan to start the regimen again so i tested the ceravae again wihout any bp and after a few hours my eyes were burning again. Has this happened to anyone else? What would be a good option to use instead of the ceravae?

MemberMember
(@lancerdancer01)

Posted : 04/10/2016 5:30 pm

It is just the regular cerave moisturizer. No SPF in it, not the pm one. I definitely don't put it around my eyes and don't think I am rubbing my eyes at all because I wear glasses. When I tried using it again last week I only put a little bit on my forehead and after 6 hours or so my eyes became irritated and had a slight burning feeling. It definitely was worse when I was using more amount of it and on a daily basis.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@lancerdancer01)

Posted : 04/18/2016 9:01 am

Well it was the CeraVe causing the burning. I switched to the acne.org moisturizer a few days ago and haven't had any burning in my eyes and my face has also been less red. Sucks that I couldn't tolerate the CeraVe but at least the acne.org seems to be working well at this time.

MemberMember
(@monua)

Posted : 05/23/2016 8:29 am

Ceravee does do that. A few years ago I was on a regimen my dem put me on with clyndamicin and she gave me ceravee moisturizer and it actually burned my face really bad it stung throughout the day and i had scabbing on my cheeks. It went away after i switched moisturizer.