Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Vaginal Dryness

MemberMember
(@lily-black)

Posted : 04/09/2016 10:42 am

Hello...
This is a question for the ladies who have used Accutane. 
I am starting the medication in a couple of days, and I'm getting married by the end of the month. I am also a virgin. I know that Accutane causes excessive dryness, but is the vaginal dryness so bad that it might cause tearing? Would using lube solve the problem? I'm really worried about this :( 

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 04/10/2016 9:57 am

I really wouldn't worry about this! I've been on accutane for a month and there's been no difference 'down there'. I also remember some youtuber answering this question and she'd been on a pretty high dose (80mg I think) and had no issues there at all. What your skin produces is different to what your vagina produces, so the drug is not targeting the same thing.
I've only ever read one thing about vaginal dryness from accutane so I think it is a very very rare side effect.
Don't worry! Carry on! Have fun!

MemberMember
(@lily-black)

Posted : 04/10/2016 5:55 pm

Thank you so so so much! Good luck in your Accutane journey!

MemberMember
(@vanessaxdd)

Posted : 04/11/2016 8:40 am

Hey, in my first week i noticed i was abit dry down there and itchy. it is now my fourth week and i am back to normal. it shouldn't be too much of a problem but if you feel like you are too dry down there make sure to use lube ! Oh and drinking lots of water helps ! Good luck

MemberMember
(@lily-black)

Posted : 04/11/2016 11:01 am

Thank you, dear

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 04/13/2016 6:54 am

By month, I took 40, 60, 60, 80, 80, 80 and am 140 lbs. I was very concerned about permanent vaginal dryness, but the dryness I did experience was minimal. I remember needing lube a couple of times, but that was it.

MemberMember
(@bigappleedubs)

Posted : 04/25/2016 11:04 am

I do experience this, but it's hit or miss. I will say, I've never had a problem at all in this department pre-accutane, but now, yes, on occasion, I've needed help.

Still, it's not so bad as to prohibit activities.