Notifications
Clear all

Evening primrose oil or sea buckthorn oil?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/08/2016 8:40 am

Hi, I have been using a sea buckthorn topical serum with some good results. I'm thinking of taking something with linoleic acid intetnally. Any advice on evening primrose oil vs sea buckthorn oil supplements?
Also what dosage? Thanks

MemberMember
(@sg21)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:13 pm

Hey,
ive been using epo for about a year and a half now. I use 1000mg daily internally and a drop in my moisturiser in the evening. This stops my tzone from getting oily during the day.
I up my dosage to 2000mg per day around ovulation until the first day of my period.
I find it calms my skin and helps with inflammation.

with regards to sea buckthorn oil. I've only been using it for 2 days but my face looks pretty smooth with less oil. I can't comment tho it's only been 2 days. Using the sibu caps

good luck

MemberMember
(@sg21)

Posted : 06/11/2016 5:19 am

On 8 April 2016 at 2:40 PM, snarkygirl said:

Hi, I have been using a sea buckthorn topical serum with some good results. I'm thinking of taking something with linoleic acid intetnally. Any advice on evening primrose oil vs sea buckthorn oil supplements?
Also what dosage? Thanks

Hey gurl,they serve different purposes in my opinion. EPO is great for hormonal balance i take 1000-3000mg per day (usually 1000). I've had no bad side effects and I feel like it has worked although I know everyone hates hearing this but is does take months.
Seabuckthorn is rich in Omega 7, helps inflammation and redness and makes my skin feel softer. I take one a day from the sibu brand and the occasional drop of oil in my moisturiser.
This is from experience. Both serve a great purpose. I love my suppliments but I also swear by face masks. Gonna do an updated skincare routine post now