Notifications
Clear all

*photos* uneven skin tone, how do i fix? african american skin

MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 04/07/2016 4:49 pm

I've been using a 10% Glycolic Acid sunscreen peel, Neostrata Acne Clear 2% Salicylic Acid Cleanser, and Tactupump (7th week, used to use it before but stopped and I'm back on it now) for a while now. No real improvements when it comes to complexion. Any ideas/thoughts on how I can improve it? thanks. 

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 04/07/2016 8:28 pm

Hey! I'm sorry I don't have any real advice for you because I'm dealing with minor scarring as well. But your face looks great to me. I mean you have some discoloration on your forehead but the skin itself looks very healthy so congrats!!!! I've just been using tretinoin which is supposed to increase cell turnover and it seems to be doing a good job of making my scars appear less noticeable. It might work for you but I'd recommend talking to your dermatologist about it. I've also heard that chemical peels at different strengths can help. Groupon has some good deals on it depending on your location. I live in the washington dc metro area so there are a few deals around me. But asking your dermatologist about what will work well for your skin can't hurt and it seems like you've put quite a bit of time, money and effort into improving your skin already and I have to say its looking really good. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but Good luck!!!

ahkeem9 liked
MemberMember
(@ahkeem9)

Posted : 04/08/2016 7:13 am

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I'm using tactuo whichincreasescell turnover as well, I'm only on week 7 and my break outs are minor now, guess I'll just continue with that. Thanks

Ugurl liked
MemberMember
(@devoutexample)

Posted : 06/28/2018 8:40 am

Dryness can also cause discoloration (uneven skin tone) try using a good moisturizer and oil into your skin routine. I uses cetaphil moisturizer and vitamin E oil 24,000iu they have worked wonders and both products can be bought at your local Walmart 

90484E26-C921-4EFE-AF90-551DC19949E8.png

5AEBD3BD-81C6-46D8-8401-328D0A1BB608.png