1 month into treatm...

Notifications
Clear all

1 month into treatment and my skin has barely any improvement

MemberMember
(@topazcrush)

Posted : 04/07/2016 1:50 pm

So i started the treatment exactly one month ago , my acne is majorly in my cheeks and forehead . Its very weird acne very red and some whiteheads . Im fairly tan so the redness was noticeable . My skin still very itchy and tight and i used jojoba oil at night time and only applied the BP at nighttime too . In the mornings i just washed and mouistarized with dans products . My redness has decreased to a 25 percent less than what it was when i started but i have notice that i get like 3 red small pimples with no head every other day . They look like tiny little red bumps and i dont know if its the treatment . I dont know if my redness will ever go away and i dont know if im breaking out from the treatment . My skin is very dry so i will stay away from the AHA . I just want to know if the itchines will stop and if my redness and small breakouts will stop being that im within the first month of treatment .

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/07/2016 1:59 pm

To start of if you are only using BP in the morning that will affect your skin. One month in the regimen you should already be applying BP twice a day. Once in the morning and once before going to bed.

Redness and itchiness is normal at this stage. You are still very early into the regimen and it will take a few more weeks. If you find your skin dry then you can always apply more moisturizer throughout the day. Or switch to a thicker moisturizer at night.

AHA is actually very good for dry flaky skin. This also helps with post acne redness. So don't be afraid to slowly incorporate AHA into the regimen.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@topazcrush)

Posted : 04/07/2016 2:13 pm

Thanm you for your answer but i used Bp and jojoba oil at nighttime . In the morning i just wash and moustarized .. I tried to do it twice a day withit the 3rd week but i just couldnt deal with the irrititation and i was already very red before the treatment so imagine being extra red for using the BP twice . Im very tan like very tan and my acne is red under the skin most of them dont even fully come to the surface . There has been times when i woke up to a bump full of blood that looked like a pimple but had nothing on them . My acne would be consider moderate deff not extreme but seems im tan the redness has been my problem for a year now and its not acne scarring . I just wake up to skin like that .

4 minutes ago, TopazCrush said:

@nicmic62Thanm you for your answer but i used Bp and jojoba oil at nighttime . In the morning i just wash and moustarized .. I tried to do it twice a day withit the 3rd week but i just couldnt deal with the irrititation and i was already very red before the treatment so imagine being extra red for using the BP twice . Im very tan like very tan and my acne is red under the skin most of them dont even fully come to the surface . There has been times when i woke up to a bump full of blood that looked like a pimple but had nothing on them . My acne would be consider moderate deff not extreme but seems im tan the redness has been my problem for a year now and its not acne scarring . I just wake up to skin like that .

4 minutes ago, TopazCrush said:

Thanm you for your answer but i used Bp and jojoba oil at nighttime . In the morning i just wash and moustarized .. I tried to do it twice a day withit the 3rd week but i just couldnt deal with the irrititation and i was already very red before the treatment so imagine being extra red for using the BP twice . Im very tan like very tan and my acne is red under the skin most of them dont even fully come to the surface . There has been times when i woke up to a bump full of blood that looked like a pimple but had nothing on them . My acne would be consider moderate deff not extreme but seems im tan the redness has been my problem for a year now and its not acne scarring . I just wake up to skin like that .

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/07/2016 2:33 pm

Generally when you don't follow the regimen as you should then acne might still be an issue. Try doing it twice a day and just continue to moisturize if you feel dry and irritated. This is unfortunately the side effects of your skin getting used to the BP...BUT this all goes away once your skin adjusts. So you have to go through a bit of discomfort to be able to get clear.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@topazcrush)

Posted : 04/07/2016 2:51 pm

@nicmic62 i agree with you but i noticed better results with once a day . And the itchines and dryness way better when i do it once a day . I have to clarify that im breaking out but not horribly breaking out . I mostly have ingrown looking bumps that are red but when i used bp twice a day my face looks pretty beat up . And the itchiness can even let me work and i just cant deal with it . Plus i been on the treatment for a month and stop peeling , all i have is redness and some breakouts that are red and in places where i didnt get it . I just dont see this treatment doing much for my type of acne . I forgot to mention that prior to this treatment i stop using any type of acne treatment like nothing at all just water for one year . I scared to do BP twice a day im already itchy once a day , when i do BP twice a day i become very moody because the itchness is crazy and im moustarize like 4 times a day .I just want to know that if the long run this will work even if i do it once a day . I used 2 pums and a half too btw , im pretty generous when i applied the BP at nighttime . I did it twice a day for 1 week and my skin wasnt liking it , i went down to once a day and irritation got better. Now i feel like its stuck and nothing new is happening besides a couple of breakouts .

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/07/2016 3:46 pm

Well the reason you are not getting completely clear if you are only using it once a day. The itchiness is temporary and will eventually go away. I can't force you to do the regimen in the morning but that is how it was made to work. You won't see the full potential of The Regimen if you only use it once a day.

Most people wait until they are clear and then slowly decrease the amount of BP they use to once a day. That is something you can try but you would have to start with twice a day application. It is really up to you.

MemberMember
(@topazcrush)

Posted : 04/12/2016 9:16 pm

@nicmic62 hey i started doing the treat twice a day and i feel like im getting sunburn , today i wAs so red and i put cetaphil because i dont think the jojoba oil and moustaraizer are enough for twice a day . Im so sad i feel like its getting worse , i applied twice a day since last friday . Im on my 5th week shouldnt i stop itching by now too . Today was so bad for me , im so red .

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/13/2016 2:08 pm

16 hours ago, TopazCrush said:

@nicmic62 hey i started doing the treat twice a day and i feel like im getting sunburn , today i wAs so red and i put cetaphil because i dont think the jojoba oil and moustaraizer are enough for twice a day . Im so sad i feel like its getting worse , i applied twice a day since last friday . Im on my 5th week shouldnt i stop itching by now too . Today was so bad for me , im so red .

Hi TopazCrush,

Sounds like you are going through a rough time. Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks of the Acne.org Regimen but it does eventually go away.

First things first, make absolutely sure that you are using the Acne.org Regimen products precisely as indicated on our site and you do not use any other products in conjunction with the Acne.org Regimen as it may negatively affect your results.

If the burning is not tolerable, stop using the Acne.org Treatment completely and allow your skin to calm down and then start SLOWLY once again with the Acne.org Regimen products.

On week one, use only a pea sized amount of the Acne.org Treatment once day however, you may use the Cleanser and Moisturizer twice a day. By week two, use the pea sized amount of Treatment twice a day and by week three, you may gradually ramp up the volume until your skin can tolerate the full dose of the Acne.org Treatment.

Make sure you are using two full pumps of the Acne.org Moisturizer twice a day or as often as needed. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer for added moisture.

If you follow these instructions carefully, you will have clear and healthy looking within a few weeks guaranteed.

DeLovely liked