Notifications
Clear all

I need help with my indented scar!

MemberMember
(@shelby99)

Posted : 04/05/2016 2:20 am

okay so this isn't really acne related but it is at the same time. I had two pimples on my forehead and decided to try popping them, with my luck (this happens all the time) it turned into a hugeeeeee red spot (the first picture inserted) so my mom took me to the doctor and they said it was something but i forget the name, it was a form of eczema tho so I got medicine and it started to heal and turn into a huge scab and I had something to do and thought it would be easier to just pick the scab off so I could cover it with makeup which I did and it immediately started to bleed and this was a week ago I let it heal realizing that it was probably going to scar but it's indented now!!! it looks perfectly healed and I don't know what to do... I don't have bad skin and rarely get acne so it looks very noticeable on my skin. I'm really insecure and have extreme anxiety about these things. I'm going to see a dermatologists for it at the end of this month. I did some research and it says chemical peels or other things for it which cost so much and I find rediculous for just one spot... I need help because I want this to go away!!!! someone plz help !!! thank you. (btw the second pic is what it looks like now, it's indented)image.thumb.jpeg.efd0faf9192402531241712image.thumb.jpeg.eb2a99ebfd2cb8db4067483

MemberMember
(@j33)

Posted : 10/15/2016 5:29 pm

i have a similar new scar now on my forehead as the top picture ... how long did it take to get it better, like in the second picture ??? and what did you do/use to make minimize it and heal quickly ?

shelby99 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/16/2016 10:47 am

The scar is fresh and you have irritated it, it needs to heal. Put ONLYvaseline or triple antibiotic on it (moist wounds heal quicker). Once a day use white vinegar and dilute with water to dab and clean it, do not rub. For now use makeup and do not pick or open it up.After a month or 2 ONLY WHEN ITS HEALED, use hydrocortisone mixed with moisturizer for the red.

shelby99 liked
MemberMember
(@shelby99)

Posted : 10/16/2016 4:17 pm

thank you for the tips but it's already healed!! xoxo

22 hours ago, j33 said:

i have a similar new scar now on my forehead as the top picture ... how long did it take to get it better, like in the second picture ??? and what did you do/use to make minimize it and heal quickly ?

the top picture was infantago that i got by picking on two little pimples but to let it like the second picture i got prescribed this medicine and just put it on there as much as i could and slept with a glob of it on and it healed in about a week so i would suggest going to your doctor and getting medicine prescribed or just use vaseline!! and don't pick at it because i picked at mine once it scabbed up and it only made it worse! good luck:)

MemberMember
(@sarah_8)

Posted : 01/23/2018 7:33 am

I have the same exact problem I had 2 small pimples I tried popping it and it got red and it become deep (same size as urs ) then I had to go to the doctor cuz it wasnt healing they give me 2 creams to use it just helped the redness go but now its like a circle hole in my forehead I guess its a scar PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF THIS SHITTTT I FEEL SO UGLY WITH THIS SOMEONE HELPPP

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/23/2018 8:10 pm

@Sarah_8You need subcision possibly with some filler if it's deep enough. Then they can resurface with a acid peel for the texture or laser. IT must be fully healed after a few months if there is still a pit,

Sarah_8 liked
MemberMember
(@sarah_8)

Posted : 01/29/2018 7:59 am

its not so deep just help me get rid of it I dont wanna do laser i find it expensive and painful is there any other way please help

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/29/2018 8:18 am

Please goto a derm. You can always do peels on it but it must be fully healed (1.5+ months). Have you tried differin from Target nightly? The red one looks like raw tissue do not put it on this. The below pics looks like a minor pit, which are we trying to fix ... the small pit?

MemberMember
(@daynaxoxo)

Posted : 03/31/2018 10:39 am

GUYS!! I have the same thing!! What will help it heal? And how long? Im desperate Lol

MemberMember
(@shelby99)

Posted : 04/25/2018 5:45 pm

On 3/31/2018 at 10:39 AM, Daynaxoxo said:

GUYS!! I have the same thing!! What will help it heal? And how long? Im desperate Lol

i used vaseline. every night i put it on before i went to bed. just make sure u keep it moisturizer and avoid irritating it anymore. don't exfoliate or anything like that. mine went away in less than a year