Suddenly a face ful...

Notifications
Clear all

Suddenly a face full of spots

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 04/04/2016 5:49 pm

Hey all,

New here but long term stalker of the forums.

When i was about 14-17 i had bad skin, then i started Panoxyl and from them until I was 24 i had the clearest skin, not a spot in sight (unless i created it, im a picker). Anyway,I got really ill with an unknown virus and started losing weight and being generally unwell which lasted about 3 months. During this time my forehead broke out despite still using BP with these horrible flesh colored bumps.

Long story short is i went off of BP because it wasn't working anymore, despite being something you apparently can't build resistance to and here began my search for the next thing to clear my skin at 25. I have tried numerous products, and spent £££££££. From Effaclar Duo to Boots witch hazel night treatment-nothing worked enough. I constantly had what looked like raised, clogged, blackhead spots on my forehead which only went away when squeezed-there was always a hard plug inside. 

Now to the present...i use Origins blemish pads along with Avene Clearance Expert. Now all my clogged pores that weren't budging are now forming into whiteheads...and i have quite a few on my forehead. Is this purging or breaking out? Has anyone used there products with success? 

Please help-I hate going out in the day time at the moment for fear of bumping into someone i know.

P.S The photo was taken when i had a tonne of makeup over the spots...its much worse than that.

photo.JPG

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 04/05/2016 6:03 pm

helllo???

MemberMember
(@y110289)

Posted : 04/06/2016 12:58 am

Hello there?

Do you think you have cystic acne?
Have you tried seeing a derm?

MemberMember
(@rachael1610)

Posted : 04/06/2016 8:48 am

Hi, I developed these on my forehead. I don't have them anymore, although they do come an go. Retin A, or a another topical retinoid would get rid of them, but you would have to put up with skin peeling and sore skinfor about 3 weeks. Have you come on/off the pill recently, or have your periods changed? I developed forehead acne like that after losing quite a bit of weight and going on/off pill in quick succession - it totally messed up my hormones - i'm not sure if it is relevant to you.
MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 04/06/2016 6:31 pm

17 hours ago, Y110289 said:

Hello there?

Do you think you have cystic acne?
Have you tried seeing a derm?

I wouldn't say i have cystic acne, its not really bad enough for that. Plus, theyre not sore or red, just bumpy and blackhead like.

9 hours ago, Rachael1610 said:
I developed forehead acne like that after losing quite a bit of weight and going on/off pill in quick succession - it totally messed up my hormones - i'm not sure if it is relevant to you.

With my illness i did lose a stone and a half pretty quickly so that could be related...however that was in August 2015 so i would have imagine it would have sorted itself out by now if it were caused by that.

I also did consider retin A but the reviews on acne.org arent the most promising....my face dealt with BP 10% for years so i feel prety confident in dealing with the redness and soreness!!

-Oh forgot, nope periods are fine and im not on the pill

MemberMember
(@y110289)

Posted : 04/08/2016 4:20 am

If you do not have cystic acne, then topicals should be good. A derm would provide you with topicals appropriate for your skin type. Trying over the counter drugs might irritate your skin further and is not advisable. Topicals usually take up to 6 months before you can finally see some visible results. So be patient.

Best of luck!!!

MemberMember
(@pamy)

Posted : 04/18/2016 10:05 am

Hi! Are you closer to understand what are your bumps and how to clear them? Two and a half months ago all of a sudden I saw the same skin-colored bumps appear especially on my forehead and sides of mouth and chin! They never get red (unless I squeeze them), they never grow bigger but also they never disappear!! And they are not really a blackhead, but if I squeeze them they have a plug/sebaceus filament/I don't know exactly, inside! I have tried aha, bha, light retinol and I have fewer of them but they are not going away for good... I would at least understand what they are! They don't seem like acne because they never become red or a pimple, but then what are they?? 🙁

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 04/22/2016 6:50 pm

On 4/18/2016 at 4:05 PM, Pamy said:

Hi! Are you closer to understand what are your bumps and how to clear them? Two and a half months ago all of a sudden I saw the same skin-colored bumps appear especially on my forehead and sides of mouth and chin! They never get red (unless I squeeze them), they never grow bigger but also they never disappear!! And they are not really a blackhead, but if I squeeze them they have a plug/sebaceus filament/I don't know exactly, inside! I have tried aha, bha, light retinol and I have fewer of them but they are not going away for good... I would at least understand what they are! They don't seem like acne because they never become red or a pimple, but then what are they?? 🙁

Hi, yes! that is what mine are like...its like you have to squeeze them or else they just remain on your face indefinitely. I honestly don't know what caused mine as i had been successfully treating my skin with benzoyl peroxide for 5 years and all of a sudden I have a forehead full of spots. Interestingly, as it coincided with me getting unwell with stomachy stuff, i researched it a little and it appears that forehead spots usually indicate digestive upset...its called face mapping.
I used to use panoxyl 10% but it was so strong and no matter of moisturizer would hydrate my skin. Last week i decided to give BP anther go and ordered Benzac 2.5% online. So far so good, my forehead is flattening out...unfortunately it hasnt cured my incessant picking so i still have a face full of spots. Wish i could stop.

MemberMember
(@pamy)

Posted : 05/10/2016 7:18 pm

Hi! I can relate because it's so hard not to squeeze them!! But every time I really regret it... 🙁 The annoying thing is that I went 20 full days without touching them, using BHA and over the counter retinol and they flattened and became smaller, but they didn't go away!! It's been three months now and I can't make my skin go back to normal... I don't know what to do, especially because I don't know exactly what they are... I might have to go to a dermatologist at this point... Did you learn anything new about them? Did the BP work? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 05/12/2016 5:27 pm

If its stomach related from your illness..
have you tried probiotics? Im surprised nobody has mentioned that yet

MemberMember
(@boa)

Posted : 05/21/2016 5:15 pm

It looks like comedonal acne exactly what I'm afflicted with. I don't know what your skin is like compared to mine, but mine is rather sensitive and becomes dry easily it can also get oily. It's basically clogged pores full of oil and other crap.

I have been trying Paula's Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution which is 2% salicylic acid you can get a stronger % one but I have sensitive skin, you keep it on your skin throughout the day 1-3 times throughout the week cleanse it off at the end of the day with a good cleanser I also use paula's choice Clear range Cleanser.I have been using it for about a month or so and it does help to some extent, but I still suffer with it. Acids and exfoliants seem to be the common solution to getting rid of it, but then if your skin is like mine and cannot really tolerate astringent treatments it's a bit of a recurring nightmare.

Not that i'm trying to promote Paula's Choice products, it's just I have tried so many products with no success perscribed so much crap by doctors who give you crap that doesn't even have an effect on comedones, I was given Lymecline and some ointment by a doctor absolutely useless. So much crap out there though I think Paula's choice products are good though even if they haven't eliminated my stubborn comedonel acne.

Could be that you have something slightly different to comedonal acne, but from what you describe with trying to force out whatever is inside the pore and the way they look from the picture.. it looks like what I have.

Hope i've been of some help anyway, let me now if you successfully treat it. Goodluck.

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 05/27/2016 8:48 pm

Hi guys, thanks for all your input and ideas. I have some positive news which is I started using Benzac 2.5% and my skin is now essentially clear...albeit the odd blackhead. Unfortunately I am still a massive picker, so whilst my skin would be clear I am consistently causing massive wounds/cysts/scabs from picking. I know picking doesn't help and yet I make the conscious decision to do it, saying to myself 'I am only going to target that one blackhead' and yet ALWAYS it ends up spiraling into a 2 hours session which leaves me looking like a war victim.

On 5/12/2016 at 11:27 PM, Exning said:

If its stomach related from your illness..
have you tried probiotics? Im surprised nobody has mentioned that yet

Also-Exning, I am currently on probiotics and I can't really tell if they've  made a difference, I still get bad IBS flare ups and my skin seemed unaffected..not sure if they are just an expense or if they work and I would get more flare ups without them..I will probably continue to buy just in case!

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 05/28/2016 5:46 pm

20 hours ago, spottyface said:

Hi guys, thanks for all your input and ideas. I have some positive news which is I started using Benzac 2.5% and my skin is now essentially clear...albeit the odd blackhead. Unfortunately I am still a massive picker, so whilst my skin would be clear I am consistently causing massive wounds/cysts/scabs from picking. I know picking doesn't help and yet I make the conscious decision to do it, saying to myself 'I am only going to target that one blackhead' and yet ALWAYS it ends up spiraling into a 2 hours session which leaves me looking like a war victim.

Also-Exning, I am currently on probiotics and I can't really tell if they've  made a difference, I still get bad IBS flare ups and my skin seemed unaffected..not sure if they are just an expense or if they work and I would get more flare ups without them..I will probably continue to buy just in case!

Sometimes probiotics wont work till a candida cleanse or eliminating certain foods. Whats your diet like? I had terrible stomach issues and probiotics didnt work, and im vegan pfttt. BUT it wasnt till I got rid of ALL gluten products my issues went away. Never had a problem with it till a year ago but it suddenly came up, intense reactions too that I didnt know where it came from. It took 3-6 months to be completely free of reactions

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 05/29/2016 6:37 pm

On 5/28/2016 at 11:46 PM, Exning said:
Sometimes probiotics wont work till a candida cleanse or eliminating certain foods. Whats your diet like? I had terrible stomach issues and probiotics didnt work, and im vegan pfttt. BUT it wasnt till I got rid of ALL gluten products my issues went away. Never had a problem with it till a year ago but it suddenly came up, intense reactions too that I didnt know where it came from. It took 3-6 months to be completely free of reactions

Diet isn't great....in fact it is pretty bad. I was on the fodmap diet for about 3 months when I was really ill and it didn't seem to help...however when that passed I did notice that in general eliminating gluten did help my bloating/all other embarrassing IBS symptoms a fair bit. I am trying to be stricter with myself again because what is the point in eating nice foods if its just going to cause havoc with my stomach. I do think my problems extend beyond diet though...though I am certain smoking doesn't help and yet....I still smoke 

MemberMember
(@jayrenzo326)

Posted : 05/30/2016 10:08 am

have you tried taking vit b5 or zinc?

MemberMember
(@spottyface)

Posted : 05/30/2016 5:41 pm

7 hours ago, jayrenzo326 said:

No I haven't but I did come across some stuff about zinc before...I do take a multivitamin every day which contains zinc but probably not a high enough dose-thanks for the advice I will look into it a bit more

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 05/30/2016 8:23 pm

On 4/4/2016 at 5:49 PM, spottyface said:

Hey all,

New here but long term stalker of the forums.

When i was about 14-17 i had bad skin, then i started Panoxyl and from them until I was 24 i had the clearest skin, not a spot in sight (unless i created it, im a picker). Anyway,I got really ill with an unknown virus and started losing weight and being generally unwell which lasted about 3 months. During this time my forehead broke out despite still using BP with these horrible flesh colored bumps.

Long story short is i went off of BP because it wasn't working anymore, despite being something you apparently can't build resistance to and here began my search for the next thing to clear my skin at 25. I have tried numerous products, and spent £££££££. From Effaclar Duo to Boots witch hazel night treatment-nothing worked enough. I constantly had what looked like raised, clogged, blackhead spots on my forehead which only went away when squeezed-there was always a hard plug inside. 

Now to the present...i use Origins blemish pads along with Avene Clearance Expert. Now all my clogged pores that weren't budging are now forming into whiteheads...and i have quite a few on my forehead. Is this purging or breaking out? Has anyone used there products with success? 

Please help-I hate going out in the day time at the moment for fear of bumping into someone i know.

P.S The photo was taken when i had a tonne of makeup over the spots...its much worse than that.

photo.JPG

FYI one of the most common causes of acne on forehead are leave-on hairstyling products. You may still use them but make sure to wash them off your forehead after applying. Shower before sleep to wash them off your hair so that they  don't  get onto your pillowcase. Hope this helps and thank you for sharing your photo! Best!

MemberMember
(@jayrenzo326)

Posted : 05/30/2016 11:53 pm

6 hours ago, spottyface said:
13 hours ago, jayrenzo326 said:

No I haven't but I did come across some stuff about zinc before...I do take a multivitamin every day which contains zinc but probably not a high enough dose-thanks for the advice I will look into it a bit more

update me once you have decided :)