Notifications
Clear all

Acne exclusively above mouth

MemberMember
(@grace502)

Posted : 04/04/2016 12:52 am

I break out exclusively above my mouth and especially in that little indentation area. Im not sure if it's hormonal or not, because about a year ago I got on birth control and it cleared up the rest of my face except this one small area. And I consistently break out here almost 24/7. I use a non flouride toothpaste, I have a pretty healthy diet and I exercise regularly, so I really don't know what else I could do internally to help it. Please tell me if u have a similar problem because everything I find on the internet just talks about hormones or toothpaste causing this, but I really don't think that's the case. Thank you

IMG_20160404_003854.jpg

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 04/04/2016 1:01 am

Your still on birth control yeah?

That are I would say is pretty much a "hormonal" breakout area. How long would it take for the spots to heal and clear before they come back again?

Might sound funny but do you have a boyfriend with facial hair? My boyfriend has ALOT of facial hair and ever since I started dating him I started to breakout exactly there in the same spot.

MemberMember
(@quantumquan)

Posted : 04/04/2016 1:32 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but using toothpaste would makes your face extremely dry which in turn would irritate your skin. Irritation = acne. From my experience, having extremely dry skin is begging for acne to appear.

My suggestion: Stop using non-fluoride toothpaste. (Slew of other chemicals which might or might not have benefits or consequences to your face - lesson here is to be more proactive on what you put on your face)

• Begin using Benzoyl Peroxide in small amounts, once a night slowly (emphasis on slowly).
  • Moisturize after using Benzoyl Peroxide at night, and the morning after to combat the BP dryness.

When your face becomes used to the BP (you will know when), I would begin using it day and night.

Just a hypothesis, but I am inclined to believe that this acne comes from the dryness of the toothpaste.
Once the acne goes away, I would personally try and just keep your face well moisturized without BP and see if the acne comes back or not.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@grace502)

Posted : 04/04/2016 7:37 pm

yes I do, but I've had this problem for long time even before I started dating him so I don't think that's the cause. Usually the spots clear up within a few days and then other ones appear. I did some more research and read that it could be caused by digestive problems so I'm going to try something going off of that.

(also i dont use toothpaste as a topical on my skin, i meant i use it normally. Its just non-flouride, because i read flouride toothpaste could cause acne around your mouth.)

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 04/04/2016 11:43 pm

When I stopped using moisturizer and cleansers just water, I was breaking out in that very area too. I found a new cleaner and moisturizer that works better than the last. Try it it's called bioelements flash foam cleanset and palmers cocoa butter theraphy oil with vitamin e. I got an intial break out with both products and it's weird because I never got an intial break out from cleansers and moisturizers.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 04/05/2016 3:35 am

On Monday, April 04, 2016 at 7:32 AM, QuantumQuan said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but using toothpaste would makes your face extremely dry which in turn would irritate your skin. Irritation = acne. From my experience, having extremely dry skin is begging for acne to appear.

My suggestion: Stop using non-fluoride toothpaste. (Slew of other chemicals which might or might not have benefits or consequences to your face - lesson here is to be more proactive on what you put on your face)

• Begin using Benzoyl Peroxide in small amounts, once a night slowly (emphasis on slowly).
  • Moisturize after using Benzoyl Peroxide at night, and the morning after to combat the BP dryness.

When your face becomes used to the BP (you will know when), I would begin using it day and night.

Just a hypothesis, but I am inclined to believe that this acne comes from the dryness of the toothpaste.
Once the acne goes away, I would personally try and just keep your face well moisturized without BP and see if the acne comes back or not.

yeah no she isn't using toothpaste on her skin.

7 hours ago, grace502 said:

yes I do, but I've had this problem for long time even before I started dating him so I don't think that's the cause. Usually the spots clear up within a few days and then other ones appear. I did some more research and read that it could be caused by digestive problems so I'm going to try something going off of that.

(also i dont use toothpaste as a topical on my skin, i meant i use it normally. Its just non-flouride, because i read flouride toothpaste could cause acne around your mouth.)

okay maybe that's no solely the problem then, but it may not help matters. Yeah possibly, it might be worth your time looking into a new birth control? Unless your totally happy with yours currently. Do you use any topical medications? So benzoyl peroxide etc. or even medicated face washes with salicylic acid? Those willbe good steps to follow along with looking into your digestive issues.

MemberMember
(@grace502)

Posted : 04/09/2016 12:32 am

both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid make my skin really irritated, ive been cleaning my face with olive oil which actually has helped a bit even tho I sounds crazy to use oil on your face.I've have been thinking about switching my birth control but it's just such a big ordeal because it makes ur skin go crazy when u switch and then I'd have to wait for it to get used the new one, and it could possibly get worse than it is now so I'm just scared to switch. I am pretty happy with the kind I'm on now tho, I've been using it for a year and a half now. I really feel like it's pretty hopeless, I'm past puberty but I just feel like my only choice is to wait it out. Thanks for all your help tho