Notifications
Clear all

My supplements are breaking me out.

MemberMember
(@jepooley)

Posted : 04/02/2016 9:58 am

I've been using 2 new supplements for a month now in addition to my vitafusion women's adult vitamins. They are Immpower AHCC and Amazing Grass Green Superfood Watermelon Energy. I've also made some healthy diet changes, instead of buying pizza everyday for lunch I make my own meals and I stopped getting Dunkin Donuts every morning for breakfast and coffee (This has been for about a month as well). All these changes should have had a positive effect on my skin but I'm not only breaking out more but in weird places like my nose and forehead. Any ideas what's going on?

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:31 am

It takes time for your body to adjust to a diet change. Give it another month or so and see if the situation improves. Do the elimination route and introduce your supplements one at a time to find out which one is causing issues.

Sometimes, the ingredients in your supplements may be the cause if you have a certain food allergy.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@momto3boys)

Posted : 04/04/2016 9:18 pm

Congratulations on taking charge of your health. I don't know these supplements. My suggestion would be to keep a diary. every time something goes in your mouth, record it. Record how your skin looks and feels on a scale of 1-10 each day.
Record intake ofwater. You should drink half your body weight in water ounces. Say you weigh 120 pounds = need 60 oz water each day. This will help your skin, digestion of supplements and the detox effect of taking vitamins.
Cheers to good health!

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 04/05/2016 12:49 am

3 hours ago, momto3boys said:

Congratulations on taking charge of your health. I don't know these supplements. My suggestion would be to keep a diary. every time something goes in your mouth, record it. Record how your skin looks and feels on a scale of 1-10 each day.
Record intake ofwater. You should drink half your body weight in water ounces. Say you weigh 120 pounds = need 60 oz water each day. This will help your skin, digestion of supplements and the detox effect of taking vitamins.
Cheers to good health!

does it work for you ?

On 4/2/2016 at 3:58 PM, jepooley said:

I've been using 2 new supplements for a month now in addition to my vitafusion women's adult vitamins. They are Immpower AHCC and Amazing Grass Green Superfood Watermelon Energy. I've also made some healthy diet changes, instead of buying pizza everyday for lunch I make my own meals and I stopped getting Dunkin Donuts every morning for breakfast and coffee (This has been for about a month as well). All these changes should have had a positive effect on my skin but I'm not only breaking out more but in weird places like my nose and forehead. Any ideas what's going on?

So why are you using them if they break you out ? please don't think that because they are healthy they overcome acne,a doctor who gives a prescription to cure something will change the prescription if the patient has an allergy to it,
I think you're on to something here to discovering you're allergy/intolerance,maybe you aren't spot prone after all.