Notifications
Clear all

Random acne

MemberMember
(@giraffe15)

Posted : 04/01/2016 5:56 pm

So I keep going all clear and then randomly I'll get like 3 huge ugly red pimples with the white center and I can't seem to find the cause of this. Today I put some concealer on my current pimples and another pimple showed up right by it when I got home, so could it be the concealer? I'm going to try either switching concealers or just not using a concealer for a while and seeing what happens. But I got the original pimples before putting on makeup for like a week so not sure what caused those :/ If anybody has any idea what could be causing this or some advice that'd help.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 04/03/2016 9:57 pm

Good idea to try switching concealers to see if that one may be a contributing factor by blocking some pores...
Hopefully you can resolve things in that way but a few pimples can manifest despite our best carefor unknown reasons at almost any age..
Good luck and keep us posted 🙂

MemberMember
(@quantumquan)

Posted : 04/04/2016 1:50 am

On April 1, 2016 at 3:56 PM, giraffe15 said:
So I keep going all clear and then randomly I'll get like 3 huge ugly red pimples with the white center and I can't seem to find the cause of this. Today I put some concealer on my current pimples and another pimple showed up right by it when I got home, so could it be the concealer? I'm going to try either switching concealers or just not using a concealer for a while and seeing what happens. But I got the original pimples before putting on makeup for like a week so not sure what caused those :/ If anybody has any idea what could be causing this or some advice that'd help.

I am curious. What method do you use to apply concealer, do you use a brush, your hand? (Don't know much about makeup)

Try not to apply too much pressure on the face when applying it.

My thoughts would be that excess pressure would cause irritation to the area you are applying makeup, therefore causing acne or new pimples.
2nd thought: Clean the brush or whatever instrument you use to apply makeup. Dirt follicles on the tip of a brush that you put on your face with a slight amount of pressure sounds like injecting your pores with pimple food.

Also do some research on the chemicals inside the concealer and how those chemicals have an effect on your skin. Also look up the particular makeup you are using and whether or not other people have had the same problem.