Notifications
Clear all

Retiniods for closed comodones - 1 month update (with pictures)

MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 03/31/2016 12:02 am

Hello guys. I've posted on this forum before (and nobody replied lol)
Anyway long story short, I developed these under-the-skin forehead bumps a few months back and I honestly have NEVER gotten ANY acne before this. So naturally I thought it wasn't acne but folliculitis. I took anti fungal meds, shampoo and god knows what and they got soooooo worse. I gave up and finally used topical isotretinoin as a last resort a month ago on 1st of March. Both tretinoin and isotretinoin are retinoids, iso is the synthetic version and irritates less (I used a topical isotretinoin gel)

Well, did I have the initial breakout? HELL YES. 
EACH AND EVERY CLOSED COMODONE OF MINE IS INFLAMING AND COMING TO A HEAD! I'm getting 6-7 pimples at the same time but they're not huge or red or inflamed and they go away in a few days. Point is, the retinoid is working sooo painfully. But you can see the texture of my skin has improved dramatically! It's smoother. The weird part is I never knew I had blackheads, and they're coming to the surface too with the isotretinoin. The texture of my skin has improved dramatically, it has started to look like "skin" again, before it used to look like sand paper lol

I didnt experience a loooot of irritation with the isotretinion but there WAS peeling!

I'll update in another month. So far the isotretinion is working really well (albeit painfully).

The top one is before and the bottom one is after.

Instasize_0331095110.jpg

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 03/31/2016 5:21 am

Is your gel called Isotrex? I just started isotrex which is topical isotretinoin. I'm taking it slow though and using it every 4th day atm

MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 04/01/2016 3:20 am

No it's called isotin. Its just a generic 0.05% isotretinion gel available locally. Comes very cheap.

MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 04/10/2016 1:43 am

OK so I know I said I'll update in a month and its only been 10 days, but I just wanted to report back my results.
IM 90% CLEAR! Retinoids are amazing!
Just 3 small clogged pores left that are coming to a head very quickly. I'm thrilled.

Instasize_0410114006.jpg

Nicolemnm liked
MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 04/13/2016 10:56 pm

Another update after 4 days. 99% clear!
Just acne marks and scars left. They're healing slowly but surely. The skin looks smooth and beautiful under a light coverage foundation.

Here''s my skincare routine:

-AM:
Wash: Johnson''s Baby Shampoo 
Moisturiser/sunscreen: Neutragena Dry touch spf 45 (I find this is moisturising enough)
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me (very light and dewy, I have comibantion skin.)

-PM:
Wash: Baby shampoo again
Just my forehead: (Wait 20 minutes) Isotretinion gel 
Moisturiser: (on the rest of my face) Neutragena oil free sensitive skin

Instasize_0414085014.jpg

Becky24 liked
MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 04/14/2016 4:56 pm

Never heard of Isotin. I'm using isotrex and is 0.05 isotretenoin too.

I'm purging like crazy. :'(

MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 04/14/2016 10:59 pm

All I can say is hang in there! It took me 1 and a half month to get past the initial breakout. It could be longer for you if you have severely clogged skin. But it WILL get better.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 04/15/2016 1:04 am

Honestly I don't think I can. Like it's emotionally draining me and making me feel like shit right now.

How bad was your breakout?