Notifications
Clear all

Dermaroller improvement photos

MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 03/30/2016 10:02 pm

Hi guys i just wanted to share some  pictures of my dermaroller treatment for acne scars. I did my third treatment yesterday . I will post more pictures in a few days. It is probably my last treatment, i am going to do tca cross next month.image.thumb.jpeg.ecfae38531887e10a7afaa4image.thumb.jpeg.935728492126692cfe48be5

Btw i use the 2mm with vitamin C serum 

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/30/2016 11:21 pm

your scars are good candidates for tca cross.

MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 03/30/2016 11:22 pm

I hope it works

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/30/2016 11:37 pm

11 minutes ago, Maredemapeau said:

I hope it works

Ask your mom to help - if she's literate or a critical observer to perform cross. You can have her practice on one or two ice-picks and see how that goes. (you're a nurse so i figure a smart family background)

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 03/31/2016 5:47 am

Out of interest, if you are using the 2mm needle length - how long did you wait in between dermarolling sessions?

In other words, how much time has passed from when you first started rolling until now?

MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 03/31/2016 11:46 am

5 hours ago, Paul B said:

Out of interest, if you are using the 2mm needle length - how long did you wait in between dermarolling sessions?

In other words, how much time has passed from when you first started rolling until now?

Almost 2 months in betwen is very slow thats why i want to try the Tca cross

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 03/31/2016 2:29 pm

14 hours ago, Robertitoo said:
15 hours ago, Maredemapeau said:

I hope it works

Ask your mom to help - if she's literate or a critical observer to perform cross. You can have her practice on one or two ice-picks and see how that goes. (you're a nurse so i figure a smart family background)

I could but people around me will probably think i am crazy i prefer someone who knows my problem

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 03/31/2016 5:40 pm

5 hours ago, Maredemapeau said:
11 hours ago, Paul B said:

what was the downtime like?

also, did you do it yourself or go to a derm/clinic?

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/01/2016 9:52 am

21 hours ago, Maredemapeau said:
On 31/03/2016 at 11:47 AM, Paul B said:

Good to see you're in-keeping with guidelines for that needle length. It may be a painfully long period to wait but if you did it any more frequently you would either be doing more damage or at least cancelling out any good that you were doing.

There does seem to be considerable difference from the treatment 2 pic to the treatment 3 pic though. It's certainly a lot less red if not slightly shallower as well. What do you put that down to? Was the redness a permanent issue before or was it just the immediate after-effects of your second treatment that caused it?

Well done for taking these photos. I know it's not the most enjoyable of things to do but it is critical in evaluating progress. Otherwise we just assume that it is the same as it's ever been if imperfections are still visible.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 04/01/2016 4:46 pm

Hi guys, there's a lot of questions so I wil respond them all in a same message. First of all my scars look amazing today I am very happy so far. Today is the fourth day of my treatment. I hope is not just the swelling and it will improve more on the next days. And I also think i am not a good candidate for tca cross anymore cause my scars look like less deep. I bought my dermaroller on Amazon and I am doing the treatment at home. I use numbing cream 1 hour before rolling and right after rolling I wash my face with only water and put vitamin C serum. My skin is red for about 12. To 24 hour after rolling and looks almost normal the second day. I don't use make up on the the first 2 days. Just to avoid bacterias. The third and the fourth day my skin is very dry and It start  peeling not peeling like tca but more like retinol cream. The peeling can last up to 3 days but realy is barely noticeable so i will say that the down time is about 5 or 6 days. I can go out and work And people can't even notice. For the dryness I use hydra boost gel from neutragena so I put the c serum wait 10 min and then use the hydra boost. I waited 2 months not because I wanted, I'm lazy and hate the pain at the firsts rolling I didn't noticed a big change so I wasn't in a rush to do it again. But this time I can clearly see a difference. This is the picture of the fourth day but it looks much more better in real.

[Edited image out]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/02/2016 5:47 am

The point I was trying to make about redness is that it looks very red in the first picture whereas not red at all in the second picture (day 2 of the 2nd treatment)

So, was the redness brought about my the dermarolling or was it the nature of your scarring?

If the pics are taken two days after rolling, then there are no noticeable signs of you having recently performed anything on your skin. Did you go slightly less aggressively after the first treatment by any chance?

Re: time between treatments, it may not have been intentional on your part to wait that long but I'm sure it's the right thing to do. You wouldn't want to do it any more frequently than that. For example, I am contemplating using a 1.5mm and even for that I should wait 6-8 weeks each time. The bigger the needle, the longer you should wait. The skin needs time to recover and do the things it needs to do in order to start remodelling itself.

Anyway, really looks like have made some good progress so far so congrats and keep us updated.

For the record, can we all agree on what we classify this particular type of scarring as? Ice pick?

MemberMember
(@maredemapeau)

Posted : 04/02/2016 4:19 pm

10 hours ago, Paul B said:

The point I was trying to make about redness is that it looks very red in the first picture whereas not red at all in the second picture (day 2 of the 2nd treatment)

So, was the redness brought about my the dermarolling or was it the nature of your scarring?

If the pics are taken two days after rolling, then there are no noticeable signs of you having recently performed anything on your skin. Did you go slightly less aggressively after the first treatment by any chance?

Re: time between treatments, it may not have been intentional on your part to wait that long but I'm sure it's the right thing to do. You wouldn't want to do it any more frequently than that. For example, I am contemplating using a 1.5mm and even for that I should wait 6-8 weeks each time. The bigger the needle, the longer you should wait. The skin needs time to recover and do the things it needs to do in order to start remodelling itself.

Anyway, really looks like have made some good progress so far so congrats and keep us updated.

For the record, can we all agree on what we classify this particular type of scarring as? Ice pick?

The first pictures is more red because of the camera and also i was out from the shower i think. My skin heal very fast it doesnt stay red long time. The third time I was more aggressive when I was rolling it doesn't even show that I had rolled I know. Seriously I don't know what time of scars they are. Anyway these are the pictures of day 5 and its amazing. It's getting better and better  I can't even see them when I look in the mirror I have to look very close.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

By the way the first two treatment I used the the 540 needles and I heard that it was less effective so I used the 192 needles the third time there's a BIG difference. I can clearly see the difference now. I am sooo happy it was my dream to have a nice skin and I am sure al the scaring can be completely gone with 2- 3 more treatment. They used to be ice picks but not anymore :) the last picture is from outside in sunlight 

image.jpeg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 04/02/2016 6:13 pm

Congrats looks great.

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 04/03/2016 5:26 am

Look at this bunch of idiots who think that improvements can be seen 2 days post. Just wait a while longer for microswelling to fade and all your scars to resurface.

Rdnhey liked
MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 04/03/2016 5:56 am

Even though sfnathan80 could have put things differently, he is correct. I'm not agreeing that you won't see results, I hope you do, but give it 1-2 months to consider the results "permanent".
Best of luck! 🙂

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 04/04/2016 2:27 pm

Mare......a lot of the improvement is probably due to swelling but even if it only helps the appearance of scars.....it only takes a few seconds a day to do. Until then....it is just a waste of money to spend on expensive treatment that don't work. I have been using one too and even if the results are temp.....it don't cost a lot to do.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/05/2016 2:43 pm

Wait a minute here folks... let's get a few things straight because people can easily get the wrong idea here:

- The micro-swelling that provides good visible results in the short-term is indeed temporary but it is does not mean that dermarolling is merely a temporary solution to scarring.
- Needling the skin sets off a process that cannot complete for visible results within days or weeks. It is only after several months of continued dermarolling sessions that you will hopefully notice improvements... and therefore, permanent ones.

If you're going down this route then you need to be in it for the long-haul.

Don't either:

a) get too excited when you notice an improvement in appearance in the immediate aftermath

or

b) dismiss dermarolling as a "temporary solution" when you realise that things have gone back to the way they were

Things will appear better in the short-term, revert back to how they were before hopefully starting to level out over the course of time and continued treatments. Dermarolling needs to be performed at set intervals of time depending on the size of then needles you are using - ie. don't dermaroll every day as you'll end up doing more harm than good - the skin needs time to do it's business.

I'm not going to explain the whole ins and outs of dermarolling here but it would be easy to draw the wrong conclusions based on some of the negative remarks above and just wanted to make these points.

So, I'm not entirely sure if the OP was clear on this from the get-go but I'm guessing she has still seen improvement over a period of time rather than judging it after every dermaroll because in that case, it should always theoretically be the same. We're talking gradual improvement over time here and not just making things look better for a few days after you roll - although it is a handy after-effect!

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to take the photographs before each dermarolling session so that you can judge the difference. What your photographs do demonstrate though is that dermarolling isn't particularly invasive. e.g. you don't have to carry around any real noticeable redness or walk around looking like you've been beaten up for days after the event. Indeed, it can even make things look better in the immediate aftermath as discussed which isn't a bad thing!

If you have only just starting using a roller with 192 needles, Maredemapeau,then it's the results you get from here on in that you should pay close attention to. That's the right specification to use, any more needles than that is too much.

Please keep us updated with your progress, and good luck!