Regimen randomly st...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen randomly stopped working after 2 years? Can you get used to BP?

MemberMember
(@tiffanyclaire)

Posted : 03/30/2016 5:14 pm

I've been on the regimen since I was 16. I used to have cystic acne, especially flaring up when I was on or near my period. It would all be under the skin acne that didn't come to a head, so I had no choice but to just let it sit while it dried out or healed since I couldn't pop it. I was still breaking out within 3 months of the regimen, but after about 4-5, my acne completely stopped. I didn't even get hormonal acne, no small bumps, no acne around my period, nothing. My face was COMPLETELY clear for the first time in my life for about 1.5 years. (I only used Acne.org cleanser, BP, and Cerave moisturizer)

About a year ago, I started going to beauty school for esthetics. My skin was still completely clear with a couple acne scars. By the time I graduated, my cystic acne started to come back. Just one or two here and there. I thought maybe this was because I stopped using the regimen religiously like I did in high school, so I religiously started using it again.

However, it's been about 9 months since then and I'm still getting breakouts. They're mostly on my cheek in big cysts that are under the skin and unpoppable. Did my skin just get used to BP? I'm doing everything I did right back then and still getting acne around my period. I'll get maybe 3-4 big cysts and they don't go down in size and texture until my next period comes, which then I'll get more of them. Sometimes I'll get one in between my period too. What should I be doing?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/30/2016 5:25 pm

I noticed that when acne shows up along my jawline or chin then its related to my hormones. This would be normal to me if ever I broke out because I knew what caused it. However, if its other parts of the face then it would be because of some other issue.

You said you go to school for esthetics...maybe it has something to do with fussing about on your skin more? Do you use any other products? Use make-up? Use clean make-up brushes? Wash your pillowcases and towels often? Just a few things to think about.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@tiffanyclaire)

Posted : 03/30/2016 5:30 pm

6 minutes ago, nicmic62 said:

I noticed that when acne shows up along my jawline or chin then its related to my hormones. This would be normal to me if ever I broke out because I knew what caused it. However, if its other parts of the face then it would be because of some other issue.

You said you go to school for esthetics...maybe it has something to do with fussing about on your skin more? Do you use any other products? Use make-up? Use clean make-up brushes? Wash your pillowcases and towels often? Just a few things to think about.

It's usually just around the center of my cheeks - to the left and right of my mouth. I haven't gotten them higher and I haven't gotten them lower.

I graduated school last year in June. I thought maybe my skin was irritated from so many treatments, facials, etc. which is why I went back to the regimen so religiously. I use makeup everyday (I now work in a makeup store) but I never had sensitivity to wearing makeup before and I don't notice breakouts due to a product since I use the same thing everyday. I will try washing my pillowcases and towels more often though.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/30/2016 5:45 pm

12 minutes ago, drawkcabackward said:
It's usually just around the center of my cheeks - to the left and right of my mouth. I haven't gotten them higher and I haven't gotten them lower.

I graduated school last year in June. I thought maybe my skin was irritated from so many treatments, facials, etc. which is why I went back to the regimen so religiously. I use makeup everyday (I now work in a makeup store) but I never had sensitivity to wearing makeup before and I don't notice breakouts due to a product since I use the same thing everyday. I will try washing my pillowcases and towels more often though.

Do the same for make-up brushes if you used them. I use a tree tree oil spray on my brushes after I wash them to make sure no bacteria is left alive. And as much as I will contradict myself on this...make sure you keep your hands of your face as much as possible.

DeLovely liked