Notifications
Clear all

Wounds not healing

MemberMember
(@jenniejoy92109)

Posted : 03/29/2016 5:54 am

I have not one, but two sores on my face not healing. It seems that they started as small bumps or pimples that I picked at.... They don't really scab up properly. It's almost like they just puss and then the puss dries and hardens. When I move my mouth to yawn for example, then they crack and often bleed. I've been using aquaphor but that doesn't seem to help. I attached a picture of one of the sores. I apologize for the disgustingness of it!image.thumb.jpeg.ef11dd9f543d63764e12867

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 03/30/2016 9:25 pm

Know what you mean about wounds cracking open when you yawn...any place where the skin moves a lot in normal activity can take a bit longer to heal. It looks like it is keeping pretty clean with the aquaphor but if that doesn't heal shortly I would get to the doctor for some professional advice. Good luck 🙂

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@samanthajaney)

Posted : 09/13/2016 9:41 pm

I have a wound almost exactly like this. Did you find anything to help?

MemberMember
(@nicoleleigh724)

Posted : 09/22/2016 8:01 pm

I'd go to a doctor. It could just be dry skin or something but then again, some forms of skin cancer start as wounds that don't heal. I don't mean to freak you out and it's probably just the hypochondriac in me talking, but I'd see a doctor about it. Good luck!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/24/2016 2:38 am

As I've recommended to many people - I always use 3M Tegaderm on my scrapes/wounds. It dries up the wounds in 2-3 days and since it provides a moist environment for healing, the wounds won't scab, not no scarring (only slight discoloration/pigments left.) Hope it will help you!

MemberMember
(@shyinfj)

Posted : 10/24/2016 10:07 am

When was the last time that you had your blood tested? There is a common ( not very common but also not rare ) side effect of isotretinoin
that is called a low platelet count. When your skin is injured or broke, platelets clump together and form clots to stop the bleeding and to heal the skin. When you do not have enough platelets in your blood, your body cannot form these clots. Your dermatologist can give you something to help with a low platelet count if this is the case ( e.g. some form of steroid, or maybe iron if it is caused by an iron deficiency ). I hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 10/28/2016 10:51 pm

I agree with Shy...I was noticing that my acne wounds were staying to take a little to long to heal. I was using Nasacort. Turns out it also contributes to acne. It also blocks absorption of Vitamins A, D, add well as others. If you are taking any meds, even OTC, do some research. Try taking some A, D and C...all good for wound healing and repair. I quit the nasal spray and started the vitamins and noticed a dramatic difference in healing time within a week.