Notifications
Clear all

Bumps filled with clear fluid lead to entire chin filling with clear fluid

MemberMember
(@anangeldisgraced)

Posted : 03/26/2016 3:31 pm

I get these bumps that never come to a head and are filled with clear fluid if i tty to squeeze them. They hurt really bad and start off looking like they have a center but if i try to pop it clear fluid leaks out from several pores. The bump seems fo "empty" but will fill again in a few hours. If I leave it alone it causes such pain that it's woken me up at night. Normally, once the clear fluid leaks out it causes the skun over the bump to slough off and it becomes a small sore that scabs over and takes about a week to heal. I get these around the start of my period each month even though I start washing with an acne wash and using acne pads on my chin about a week before my period shoukd start.
This month something VERY wierd happened! In stead of 2-3 bumps I got one and it started out with a small white head which is why i felt extracting it would be ok. I extracted the atea of the white head and fluid started to fill in behind it and there was actually a hole left where the white head had been. I squeezed the bump a little and the fluid started coming out if all of my pores again. I used the acne pads hooing they woukd dry the fluid out but nothing helped. A few mornings later I woke up and my entire chin was a bump with an area about the size of a penny that was raw skin. If i squeezed my chin fluid came out all of the poors. So I covered my chin with triple antibiotic ointment. The clear fluid started draining out of my chin. I could wipe off the ointment and it woukd be half fluid, then fluid would continue pooling up on my chin. I would dab this off until it stopped coming out and then put more ointment on. There were times with the ointment on that there would be a large drip of fluid that would collect at the bottom of my chin. After about 5 days of keeping the ointment on my chin the bump that was my entire chin has gone down, but im left with an area of raw skin about the size of a silver dollar.
I don't know if its better to let this raw skin dry up and scab over or to keep it moist with ointment? No dermatologist has ever been able to tell me what these bumps are and the urgent care doctor I saw when my entire chin was filled up with fluid had no idea what would cause it to happen.
Has anyone else experienced these recurring bumps that start out as a sharp pain under the skin then swell up to a bump that never comes to a head that express clear fluid that comes out of several pores when the bump is squeezed?? As anyone had one of those bumps get either really large or taking over their whole chin? Does anyone have a name for them or anything that works to clear them up with out squeezing them until they are empty and stop filling up again (basically leaving a sore, or a scab)? I never delt with these in my youth but started getting them in my 30's, in fact my skin was very clear in my youth actually rarely ever dealing with black heads or pimples.

MemberMember
(@hurricanewaters)

Posted : 06/23/2016 9:08 am

I started getting these in my 50s, but not as large as you described. Mine start as a small painful hard lump under the skin, then come to the surface fast. The pimple and redness is finite, small size about 1/8".There is no head or pus inside, only a clear liquid that drains if I either lance with a needle or, if left alone, seems to leak out of several pores. I only get them on the skin on both sides of my mouth to just under the chin, I don't mean touching lips like a cold sore. (If I were a guy, this is the area where a fu man chou moustache would be.)The bumps get red when they come to the surface, then scab over and take at least a week to heal, but the pimple redness remains. I seem to get several in a row but I can go several months without having any.

I have researched these for a long time and can't find what they are online. Mine are NOT acne rosacea or seborrheic eczema or carbuncles or 'regular' pimples.

Here's what I associate mine with:
-I'm not completely gluten-free, but have decreased it greatly. If I eat a lot of gluten, as I did the last week on a camping trip, that seems to cause a break-out.
-When I stop drinking 8+ glasses of water a day (blaming it on the camping trip again.)
-Although I'm in menopause, I still get monthly pains like I did when ovulating. Almost always these break-outs happen at same time, making me think they're hormone-related.

On another message board, people reported good results using a cream with sulfur in it.

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:33 pm

This might be an informative read for you http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/204603-bumps-with-clear-fluid-that-dont-pop/

MemberMember
(@tara8990)

Posted : 04/11/2017 2:51 am

Idk if u found out what it is. But it is a form of impetigo. There are 3 stages.

MemberMember
(@rivergal)

Posted : 01/30/2018 8:31 am

It is absolutely most certainly NOT impetigo. These bumps are described as having clear fluid. Impetigo bumps have yellowish fluid. Here's my thoughts... I have searched the internet far and wide for answers for awhile now. I think they are very deep deep pimples that trigger a blister reflex. With no where to fill, this fluid leaks and leaks,

Try using an Rx topical ointment called clindamycin, which is an antibiotic and antiimflamitory. Works wonders, cuts the healing time in half if not more.

best of luck! Make sure to sanitize your face and hands before squeezing!

MemberMember
(@austinbaxterdec17gmail-com)

Posted : 07/26/2021 3:59 pm

On 3/26/2016 at 2:31 PM, AnAngelDisgraced said:

I get these bumps that never come to a head and are filled with clear fluid if i tty to squeeze them. They hurt really bad and start off looking like they have a center but if i try to pop it clear fluid leaks out from several pores. The bump seems fo "empty" but will fill again in a few hours. If I leave it alone it causes such pain that it's woken me up at night. Normally, once the clear fluid leaks out it causes the skun over the bump to slough off and it becomes a small sore that scabs over and takes about a week to heal. I get these around the start of my period each month even though I start washing with an acne wash and using acne pads on my chin about a week before my period shoukd start.
This month something VERY wierd happened! In stead of 2-3 bumps I got one and it started out with a small white head which is why i felt extracting it would be ok. I extracted the atea of the white head and fluid started to fill in behind it and there was actually a hole left where the white head had been. I squeezed the bump a little and the fluid started coming out if all of my pores again. I used the acne pads hooing they woukd dry the fluid out but nothing helped. A few mornings later I woke up and my entire chin was a bump with an area about the size of a penny that was raw skin. If i squeezed my chin fluid came out all of the poors. So I covered my chin with triple antibiotic ointment. The clear fluid started draining out of my chin. I could wipe off the ointment and it woukd be half fluid, then fluid would continue pooling up on my chin. I would dab this off until it stopped coming out and then put more ointment on. There were times with the ointment on that there would be a large drip of fluid that would collect at the bottom of my chin. After about 5 days of keeping the ointment on my chin the bump that was my entire chin has gone down, but im left with an area of raw skin about the size of a silver dollar.
I don't know if its better to let this raw skin dry up and scab over or to keep it moist with ointment? No dermatologist has ever been able to tell me what these bumps are and the urgent care doctor I saw when my entire chin was filled up with fluid had no idea what would cause it to happen.
Has anyone else experienced these recurring bumps that start out as a sharp pain under the skin then swell up to a bump that never comes to a head that express clear fluid that comes out of several pores when the bump is squeezed?? As anyone had one of those bumps get either really large or taking over their whole chin? Does anyone have a name for them or anything that works to clear them up with out squeezing them until they are empty and stop filling up again (basically leaving a sore, or a scab)? I never delt with these in my youth but started getting them in my 30's, in fact my skin was very clear in my youth actually rarely ever dealing with black heads or pimples.

The exact same thing just happen to me I had the same soars on my neck then I made the mistake of squezing my whole chin because it seems to be wet all the time and sometimes even drops well all hell broke loose it must of stored all of the liquid therre so this yellow sticky oil starts coming out and it doesnt stop every time id wipe it thete is more to take its place now im starting to freak out like where is this shit coming from and it burns like a mild acid so i think think and thought lsts put hot wash rags and steam my chin so my poures can ope allthe way and let this stuff come out well it sure does and now my chin its getting very red too and this yellow liquid is so much i can tell my chin is like half rotten.and half yellow oil ltereally so i am freaking out i figure whi knows my body could have this stuf in.more places so i make a hot bath and soak with my chin just under water i cand feel that as soon as i raise my chin above the water its starts flowing again so 45 mins goes bye i ger out and theyellow oil is non stop enough to still make my chin look wet after 30 seconds so after like 30 mins i get some soft soap ad take a shower with my face in the hot water of shower washing my chin with soap and hold it under back and fforth hoping its gotta run.dry some time i get ou if shower now its going more than ever and my chin looks yellow and red and now i do one last thing i shouls or shouldnt have but i was thinking not having much medicine here and oh yes i tried burts bees i dont see any difference either so i was thinking baking soda or somethin that dries into a powder would leach the oil out so i didnt have baking soda so i used tooth paste the whitening one i figured the little peroxide in it would kill bacteria and when it dries it will suck the oil to the surface well it burnsed so bad and tingle but after 5 minutes my skin is dripping pools of the yellow oil so its working but my skin starts to bubble up so after fife mins i decide to just wash the toothpaste and yelliw oil off with luke warm water and just wait well the water almost put me in shock it hurt so much but i had to get the crap off there now my chin is raw its now hour later its slowing down but its bad like im realy wondering if i opened up.merca or fast acting skin eating staff or i have cancer by how fast this all took place ..its bern three hours now it doesnt look worse but it doesnt look better ....any ways your not the only one just to let you know lol

Member Admin
(@ishayat)

Posted : 08/02/2021 10:17 am

Thanks for sharing your experience! it will be helpful for us.

MemberMember
(@mgmg)

Posted : 09/14/2021 10:49 pm

Im currently experiencing the same experience as the person who first posted about this condition. Ill be calling my Dermatologist tomorrow for some help. No one shared about other health issues but I have a feeling that my having Type 1 Diabetes for many decades will be part of the cause of this skin issue for me. Im super prone to infections, have had a variety of Staph infections throughout my life, and would venture to guess sore, weeping skin from clogged pores may be another Staph infection. Or not. Just thought Id throw the general health and infection idea into the discussion.

MemberMember
(@ascotty83)

Posted : 10/25/2023 4:55 am

I get the same thing and with years of searching for an answer, this is the closest I've gotten. Hell, I've been dumb enough to put diluted bleach on my skin to try and kill the bacteria and make them go away. That hurt less than the actual spot or sometimes spots (it seems the fluid spreads to make more) than the damn thing itself. Good luck on your search for an answer and know you're not alone