Notifications
Clear all

Best solution for my marks?(postinflam erythema) pics

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/26/2016 2:35 pm

I've been trying to find solutions for my red marks (i've included pictures, 2 with camera flash one w/o) I'm pretty sure it's post inflammatory erythema since they are all red/pinkish color. Some of these marks i've had for years and nothing seems to make them fade. But i will say finally some on my cheeks started fading a while back but seemed to have stopped. I've tried Vitamin C (topical and oral 500MGx2) and currently am on Tretinoin 0.04% gel but i haven't seen any improvement (ive used it for almost 2 months every other night). My acne has mostly stopped, i occasionally get 1-3 small pimples but nothing huge like i had before but my marks seem to not be fading...

I read up on PDL(Pulse Dye Laser) and i've also gone to my dermatologist and she suggested something (i forgot the name) but she would take my blood and recycle it or something then put it on my marks? But that would cost 3-500$ a treatment. She didn't mention anything about PDL, not sure if she does those. Am i giving up too soon on the Tretinoin? I've been using it for almost 2 months and have not had any purging and only had peeling skin a few times but nothing bad. Also i believe my skin has gotten more oily since using this medicine(i already had oily/combo skin before)

But anyway what do you guys think i should do for my marks?  They are KILLING my self esteem, i refuse to go out anywhere unless i have makeup on. Help! :( 

BTW this first picture shows my marks darker than they actually are, my camera just sucks. They are lighter than this. 

face1.jpg

face2.jpg

face3.jpg

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 03/27/2016 6:28 am

Well your dermatologist recommended PRP which is used to treat atrophic scarring not so much the redness. Given that you are still breaking out, how can you expect to be clear of the red marks?
Retin A and vitamin c does nothing for red marks. The only topical that might work is hydrocortisone. Short pulsed high fluence PDL is the most effective treatment.

Rdnhey liked
MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/27/2016 10:41 am

4 hours ago, sfnathan80 said:

Well your dermatologist recommended PRP which is used to treat atrophic scarring not so much the redness. Given that you are still breaking out, how can you expect to be clear of the red marks?
Retin A and vitamin c does nothing for red marks. The only topical that might work is hydrocortisone. Short pulsed high fluence PDL is the most effective treatment.

It's called micro-needling, i remembered the name
I'm not breaking out, i may get one or two pimples but they are tiny and don't leave marks behind so that's not an issue anymore. Having a hard time believing what people say considering i've read reviews on retinA and some people said their marks faded. Also VitC helps reduce inflammation so in a way it does help marks by preventing them.

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 03/29/2016 7:58 am

On 3/27/2016 at 11:41 PM, FacialDream25 said:
It's called micro-needling, i remembered the name
I'm not breaking out, i may get one or two pimples but they are tiny and don't leave marks behind so that's not an issue anymore. Having a hard time believing what people say considering i've read reviews on retinA and some people said their marks faded. Also VitC helps reduce inflammation so in a way it does help marks by preventing them.

The "recycling of blood" procedure is PRP not microneedling. PRP can be done in conjunction with microneedling. Vitamin C and Retin A will do nothing for red marks, learn to be critical of what you read and do not take things at face value. Also, "Inflammation" is a broad term that means absolutely nothing.