Notifications
Clear all

Need help finding the best overall doctor in MA,CT,RI,NYC,(possibly NJ)

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/24/2016 4:07 pm

I have mild to moderate boxcar/icepick scarring located on both temples. I want to find the best overall Doctor withinMA,CT,RI,NYC,(and possibly NJ). If someone can recommend the absolute best then I may be willing to fly somewhere for this. I am willing to travel a ways as I live in Masachusetts and my brother currently lives in NYC so I can stay with him for a while. I will most likely be looking into Subcision/tca cross, but am open to listening to a well established doctors advice as well. All suggestions and guidance is appreciated. If anyone has had experiences with Doctors in these states please lat me know.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 03/24/2016 7:08 pm

I personally know Dr. Eric Schweiger in NYC. He is really smart and more importantly good person and a great dermatologist.
So check him out.

Best!
VTC

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarsfade)

Posted : 03/27/2016 12:30 pm

Hey, I highly highly recommend Dr Ronald Shelton in NYC. He's helping me with laser scarring. He's been nothing short of excellent, and the practice is very well known as they run clinical trials for the makers of lasers etc. So they should be at the forefront. 🙂

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/11/2016 9:00 pm

On 3/25/2016 at 8:08 PM, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

I personally know Dr. Eric Schweiger in NYC. He is really smart and more importantly good person and a great dermatologist. 
So check him out.

Best!
VTC

Appreciate it!!  Will definitely take a look.

On 3/27/2016 at 1:30 PM, catscars09 said:

Hey, I highly highly recommend Dr Ronald Shelton in NYC. He's helping me with laser scarring. He's been nothing short of excellent, and the practice is very well known as they run clinical trials for the makers of lasers etc. So they should be at the forefront. :)

I'll also take a look at him.  Thanks!!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:36 pm

Dr. Enzer in RI

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/24/2016 3:41 pm

Appreciate it. This is exactly what I was looking for.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/24/2016 4:30 pm

We use CT Dermatology...offices in Milford and Norwalk. We're fond of Dr. Christina Chao.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/25/2016 12:48 am

8 hours ago, DeLovely said:

We use CT Dermatology...offices in Milford and Norwalk. We're fond of Dr. Christina Chao.

Thanks. Just curious, have you had any treatments with them? Also have you had experience with any other derms? This will be my first time ever seeing a Derm.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/25/2016 7:38 am

6 hours ago, thepwhisp said:
15 hours ago, DeLovely said:

Thanks. Just curious, have you had any treatments with them? Also have you had experience with any other derms? This will be my first time ever seeing a Derm.

I can't personally recommend them for scar treatments...my son sees him for acne treatment...but they do offer cosmetic services for acne scarring. BTW, they also have an office in Stamford, which isn't far from NYC. Here's their website: http://www.ctdermgroup.com/

Looks like you have some good options above and can shop around for the one that will best fit your needs!