Notifications
Clear all

How I pretty much cleared up my closed comedones/clogged pores

MemberMember
(@nicolemnm)

Posted : 03/24/2016 6:07 am

I've struggled with closed comedones for awhile now. But they got super bad recently as you can see from pics. I've done much research on these annoying bumps and have tried a decent amount of things(that didn't work). But recently at 21 years old i decided to FINALLY take it seriously even if it meant my skin would flip out and become awful before it got better. I told myself to just get through it b/c it will eventually be okay. And it DID get better fairly quickly. All it took was for me to adopt a strict routine and stick with it, and to incorporate some AHA/BHA. Warning though.. Before i got better, it did get worse but not as in more closed comedones, what i mean is as in the closed comedones coming out in different forms like cystic zits. But they all went away, just don't try and pop cystic zits, leave them alone. Others though just came to a head, which was amazing since i rarely see these things actually form a head and the little beads would come out(yes i did pop when needed). OKAY SO HERE'S WHAT I DID. It's been about a month & a half now & still improving. First thing was to always be sure to remove my makeup fully & i stopped using face makeup that contained talc(like mac). As for my routine i used nightly the CLEAN AND CLEAR CONTINUOUS CONTROL ACNE CLEANSER just to prevent breakouts, which it does b/c it has benzoyl peroxide. I purchase this at walgreens or target. I use a clarisonic mia to apply the cleanser to really get it into my skin. The clarisonic mia is pricey but worth it to get a good clean. And then afterwords only a few times a week i exfoliated with MURAD AHA BHA CLEANSER from Sephora. Then every night i started applying from walgreens the STUDIO 35  ALPHA HYDROXY FACE CREAM to my problem areas and i kept that on while i slept. I think the studio 35 cream is what saved my comedones. After i began using this my cc's started rising to come out like crazy. That stuff is incredible, so try and find it. I washed it off in the morning just with warm water. I also used a retinol breifly on top of the cream overnight on the prob areas and i think it also helped but i stopped using that out of laziness so i'm not for sure. If you have any questions, ask :) 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tendergun)

Posted : 03/31/2016 12:11 am

Omggg you look great! Im going through the same thing but it's only on my forehead (weird huh). I'm on a topical retinoid and alll my cc are also coming to a head which is horrible. Like 6-7 pimples at the same time. The good thing is that once they go away the skin below it is smootherr so yayyyy. This is painful though!

Nicolemnm liked
MemberMember
(@nicolemnm)

Posted : 04/10/2016 3:09 pm

Thank you so much!(idk if i'm replying the right way, i can't figure out how hahahah) but ugh yes the purging part sucked and takes so much patience.. but it's so worth it when your skin becomes 10 x better.

MemberMember
(@flowerwoman21)

Posted : 08/22/2016 2:28 pm

Hi! First off- your skin looks soo good!! I think I want to try your routine but had some questions first:

Do/Did your little bumps hurt at all?  This may sound stupid but i've been trying to find out exactly what my bumps are and every derm tells me something different :/ they look just like yours, but i've read so many different things about ccs idk if thats what i have or not.

Please let me know!! Thanks

MemberMember
(@woahitsceci)

Posted : 09/09/2016 2:42 am

On March 31, 2016 at 0:11 AM, TenderGun said:

Omggg you look great! Im going through the same thing but it's only on my forehead (weird huh). I'm on a topical retinoid and alll my cc are also coming to a head which is horrible. Like 6-7 pimples at the same time. The good thing is that once they go away the skin below it is smootherr so yayyyy. This is painful though!

how did your experience with the retinoid go with your cc? did it clear up?