Notifications
Clear all

Adult Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@mushbucket)

Posted : 03/24/2016 4:09 am

Let me give a bit of background. I'm currently 30 years old, live in an extremely hot and humid region, and I've been dealing with my skin problems for quite a bit now. The pimples started out when I was about 15. They would come and go every month, these tiny boils, some of which I'd break and some of which I'd ignore. It wasn't really a big concern for me. However, when I was about 22, everything suddenly magnified. I was dealing with multiple pus filled pimples, and I decided to see a dermatologist in an effort to stop ruining my face. I spent a lot of money. Used topical retinoid creams, did oral antibiotics, multiple glycolic acid peels, and even dermabrasion. None of it really made a lasting improvement. Until finally I bid goodbye to the dermatologist and started using Cetaphil and clindac gel (both by Galderma) twice a day. The change was impressive! Within a week I was seeing a huge improvement, and my skin cleared up except for the odd pimple just before my period would begin. I was ok with that. However, at 26 I moved away to the states, which was a huge weather change for me. Now I noticed my skin would peel during the colder months. And I would get these huge pimples. They would congregate just in front of my ears, at the angle of my jaw, and even on my cheeks and forehead. I got cysts too.. which were filled with this awful pus. I didn't have access to the Galderma clindamycin preparation, and things were getting kinda terrifying. I moved back home a couple of weeks ago and I was hoping the weather change and the clindac gel would save me. However, on my return home, i find that now the specific galderma preparation that i love is no longer available. So while I'm using the cetaphil as always, I've been using whatever clindamycin I can find, which effectively does nothing for my skin. Now mid cycle, I am breaking out again in those huuuge painful cysts. I don't want to go out any more. I want to just hide my face nd stay in a dark room. I've visited a dermatologist one more time. This time she has started me on Oral Clavamox, for 5 days, along with azelaic acid application in the morning, and adapalene + Clindamycin generic application in the night. once the 5 day course of antibiotics is over, I will be starting on a 8 week course of azithromycin ( once a day, thrice a week). I'm going to upload pics of my cheeks from day 2 and today (day 3), because I need to be able to document and see this change. I seriously hope this works. I will also be making changes to my diet, starting from today where I will be cutting out sugar, processed foods (not that I eat alot of that anyway, but I'd like to slim down from 65 to 55 kg anyway), carb intake and upping my intake of vegetables and fruits. IMG_5171.JPG.3f60ca76ab3ee0338c629121484
Thats IMG_5173.JPG.cfa8875d772aa49005fb278b15f

That right there is day 2
IMG_5915.JPG.74b6c5a199df2744678fe52c315

IMG_5914.JPG.3da5250027ede8cbcb6d91629f6

And the last two are from today, day 3!!!

MemberMember
(@mushbucket)

Posted : 03/26/2016 4:48 am

Here's me at day 5 of my antibiotic treatment with the clavamox. Now I take two days off and start on Monday with the
image.thumb.jpeg.de04aee2fa7b5fd39686429image.thumb.jpeg.616e1a6eab36f35d9f626af 

Azithromycin on Monday! Not excited about it much because it gives me pretty bad nausea but if it clears my skin then I'll do it all!

MemberMember
(@acnehatersince95)

Posted : 04/07/2016 5:58 pm

I know how you feel about not wanting to leave the house and I'm sorry you're suffering. Good luck on your treatment and good vibes to you!