Notifications
Clear all

Mud & Animal Fat Next Top Hipster Regimen

MemberMember
(@neetah)

Posted : 03/20/2016 2:45 am

Hi everyone,

I have been using these forums for years to get ideas on how to cure my acne.
Finally after 17 years of pimples at 33 i am proud to announce that i am acne free and feeling great.
All I have to do now is let the scars fade.
I will share how it happened.

So I have combination skin which is dry and prone to black heads with hormonal breakouts around that time of month especially on the cheeks chin and around the temples.

Theres been a few discussions on here as to whether or not coffee affects acne. In my case I really think it did affect it.
As soon as I quit drinking coffee i noticed that my skin was producing way less sebum, but it was also softer and less wrinkly, flakey and dehydrated.
Every time I felt like drinking a coffee i would just have a water or a rooibos tea instead.

At the time I put some retinoid cream on my face which made me get a very itchy dry face rash, it was almost like i had eczma all over my face, So i stopped using the retinoid cream and put some very mild corticosteroid cream on my face to clear up the itch. I was using that retinoid cream for about a week, as you are not supposed to use it for any longer. I think that the steroid cream actually reduced the remaining pimples a lot as well as the rash. I was worried they would come back once i stopped using it but they didn't. I think that was due to othr things I had also begun doing at the time.

At the time I also started to use plain bentonite clay as a cleanser. i don't allow it to dry on my face like a mask as that sucks the moisture out way too much.
All i do isI just rub the mud around in circular motion on my face morning and evening and rinse with cool water. I find it very cleansing and exfoliating.

The thing I think really helped the most was changing my moisturiser. Ive been using animal fat now!!! grass fed buffalo tallow to be specific.
Would have thought that animal fat would make my skin really greasy and clog my pores. But it didn't...its perfectly moisturised and balanced.
i think there was something i was reading about why animal fat is easier for our skin to absorb than plant oils. The brand I use is primal care facial blend.
There are a couple of other brands available on the internet and you can also make it yourself. Im sure its not the brand but the fact that animal fat is so vastly different to plant fat that makes the difference.

Anyway my skin has never felt better, i urge some of you to try this simple regimen and see what happens.

Heres an article on a wellness blog that explains why tallow and bentonite clay is good for skin

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-i-wash-my-face-dirt-oil/

Bentonite clay carries a strong negative charge which bonds to the positive charge in many toxins. When it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical, or heavy metal, the clay will absorb the toxin and release its minerals for the body to use. Bentonite also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead.

Tallow is uniquely compatible with the biology of our cells. About 50% of the structure of our cell membrane comes from saturated fats, with remaining amounts consisting of monounsaturated and to a lesser degree polyunsaturated fats. Tallow [also] contains skin nourishing ingredients that plant-based oils do not. Though I am still a huge fan of coconut oil, the skin on my face is visibly more toned with tallow. I think that may be because of the abundance of fat soluble vitamins (A,D,K and E) that naturally occur in pastured tallow, along with the potent anti-inflammatory conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and anti-microbial palmitoleic acid.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@ryan-wensel)

Posted : 01/21/2017 4:41 pm

Wow that's awesome! I've been waiting so long to hear someone talk about tallow. It drives me crazy how every paleo person talks about how great saturated fats are for you and then puts butter, coconut oil, and olive oil in parenthesis!!! Omg NOOO!!!!! It's called freaking LARD!!! It's practically the only fat I eat! What is up with these PC fat concepts. Butter may be great, but it's not a real animal fat in my mind. It's a vegetarian animal fat ;) Real animal fat is that massive lump of kidney fat. The thick coating of fat under the skin. The massive scoops of bone marrow from a good femur. Those are fats. And they're awesome. Like for everything :) 

Good on you for being brave and experimenting! 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/21/2017 5:34 pm

On 3/20/2016 at 3:45 AM, Neetah said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been using these forums for years to get ideas on how to cure my acne. 
Finally after 17 years of pimples at 33 i am proud to announce that i am acne free and feeling great. 
All I have to do now is let the scars fade. 
I will share how it happened.

So I have combination skin which is dry and prone to black heads with hormonal breakouts around that time of month especially on the cheeks chin and around the temples.

Theres been a few discussions on here as to whether or not coffee affects acne. In my case I really think it did affect it.
As soon as I quit drinking coffee i noticed that my skin was producing way less sebum, but it was also softer and less wrinkly, flakey and dehydrated. 
Every time I felt like drinking a coffee i would just have a water or a rooibos tea instead. 

At the time I put some retinoid cream on my face which made me get a very itchy dry face rash, it was almost like i had eczma all over my face, So i stopped using the retinoid cream and put some very mild corticosteroid cream on my face to clear up the itch. I was using that retinoid cream for about a week, as you are not supposed to use it for any longer. I think that the steroid cream actually reduced the remaining pimples a lot as well as the rash.  I was worried they would come back once i stopped using it but they didn't.  I think that was due to othr things I had also begun doing at the time. 

At the time I also started to use plain bentonite clay as a cleanser. i don't allow it to dry on my face like a mask as that sucks the moisture out way too much.
All i do is I just rub the mud around in circular motion on my face morning and evening and rinse with cool water. I find it very cleansing and exfoliating. 

The thing I think really helped the most was changing my moisturiser. Ive been using animal fat now!!! grass fed buffalo tallow to be specific. 
Would have thought that animal fat would make my skin really greasy and clog my pores. But it didn't...its perfectly moisturised and balanced.
i think there was something i was reading about why animal fat is easier for our skin to absorb than plant oils.  The brand I use is primal care facial blend. 
There are a couple of other brands available on the internet and you can also make it yourself.  Im sure its not the brand but the fact that animal fat is so vastly different to plant fat that makes the difference. 

Anyway my skin has never felt better, i urge some of you to try this simple regimen and see what happens. 

Heres an article on a wellness blog that explains why tallow and bentonite clay is good for skin 

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-i-wash-my-face-dirt-oil/

Bentonite clay carries a strong negative charge which bonds to the positive charge in many toxins. When it comes in contact with a toxin, chemical, or heavy metal, the clay will absorb the toxin and release it™s minerals for the body to use. Bentonite also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead.

Tallow is uniquely compatible with the biology of our cells. About 50% of the structure of our cell membrane comes from saturated fats, with remaining amounts consisting of monounsaturated and to a lesser degree polyunsaturated fats¦. Tallow [also] contains skin nourishing ingredients that plant-based oils do not. Though I am still a huge fan of coconut oil, the skin on my face is visibly more toned with tallow. I think that may be because of the abundance of fat soluble vitamins (A,D,K and E) that naturally occur in pastured tallow, along with the potent anti-inflammatory conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and anti-microbial palmitoleic acid.

Thanks for sharing what's been working for you!! Best wishes for continued success!! :)