Notifications
Clear all

Washing Your Face?

MemberMember
(@livduke)

Posted : 03/19/2016 4:50 pm

Alright, I feel like I've tried almost everything. I have really sensitive pale skin, which has acne on the forehead. I am a dancer so I sweat a lot, which makes me want to really find a good face wash that helps my acne AND cleans my pores. I have used pure salicylic acid (from a doctor), Clean & clear, Mario Badescu, Pure honey, Baking soda mixed with coconut oil, and Cera Ve. I've recently been told to wash my face with only coconut oil. Any thought? I have combination skin that is more on the oily skin. Any help is appreciated!

MemberMember
(@remarka)

Posted : 03/20/2016 8:34 pm

What extra product do you use(cream, masks, tc)?

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 03/20/2016 10:48 pm

Have you tried just a gentle cleanser like Cerave? I honestly dont know why people use coconut oil, its overrated and comedogenic hah

MemberMember
(@k_den)

Posted : 03/21/2016 6:34 pm

I've used the European version of La Roche Possay's Effaclar series for 1/2 a year now on my forehead. It has really made wonders. My acne nearly went away after just 4 weeks. Now after 1/2 year I'm starting to get a little bit of acne once again, but that's only because the first 3 months I didn't use any moisturizer or joajoa oil which made my skin producing way more oil.

If that doesn't work then try 100% pure tea tree oil. I use that on my chin where I have a small ammount of mild acne. It doesn't irritate my skin nearly and prevents more than it heals, I'd say.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 03/21/2016 8:24 pm

First we need to think why you have acne on forehead. In my acne patients breakouts on forehead are usually caused by leave-on hair products such as hair sprays and hair grease, bandanas, caps and hats that press against the forehead and therefore plug pores. So if you are using leave-on hairstyle products you can continue to use them, but make sure that you protect your forehead before applying them (e.g. cover the forehead with a towel) and to wash or wipe any hair-styling product off your face. You may use Neutrogena oil-free acne wash or acne cleansing pads with 2% salicylic acid which are more practical and hence more popular. Also after sweating (dancing in your case) acne cleansing pads would be perfect and practical until you shower. I wish you all the best and keep fighting acne! {REMOVED}

MemberMember
(@livduke)

Posted : 03/22/2016 12:29 pm

On March 21, 2016 at 9:34 PM, remarka said:

What extra product do you use(cream, masks, tc)?

I just use coconut oil as a wash/moisturizer, and then a tea tree oil toner/essential oil mix i had made for me by a past acne sufferer.

On March 21, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Exning said:

Have you tried just a gentle cleanser like Cerave? I honestly dont know why people use coconut oil, its overrated and comedogenic hah

I actually did, and it burned my skin for some reason. I had bloodshot eyes and my face was beat red for about a week.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 03/22/2016 1:08 pm

there is nothing like this stuff
https://www.desertessence.com/store/thoroughly-clean-face-wash-original

MemberMember
(@elena_112)

Posted : 03/26/2016 12:57 pm

I've got a question. Since everyone always goes on about how you shouldn't pick whiteheads or they scar, i try to do this however i find that they pop when i wash my face?? surely this just spread bacteria and causes more breakouts?? i put benzoyl peroxide on them in hopes of drying them out but it never works and it seems to make more sense to just pop one pimple then spread bacteria when they pop and cause a whole new bunch of breakouts? any advice

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/26/2016 3:39 pm

I use vanicream cleansing bar, its made for sensitive skin. I like it alot, its soft and feels lotiony. But you'll need to put on a moisturizerafterwards like always.

MemberMember
(@anangeldisgraced)

Posted : 03/26/2016 8:28 pm

7 hours ago, elena_112 said:

I've got a question. Since everyone always goes on about how you shouldn't pick whiteheads or they scar, i try to do this however i find that they pop when i wash my face?? surely this just spread bacteria and causes more breakouts?? i put benzoyl peroxide on them in hopes of drying them out but it never works and it seems to make more sense to just pop one pimple then spread bacteria when they pop and cause a whole new bunch of breakouts? any advice

If they are popping when you was your face there are 2 things happening. 1) you aren't applying pressure to pop them therefore you aren't pushinh the sebum back into your skin and other pores. 2) The sebum and bacteria that is in the whitehead is getting washed away immediately and therefore it doesn't sit around on your face to infect other pores. Also of you're washing with an acne wash the medicine will go into the whitehead right away rinsing out the pore while it is open and will help to dry it out and heal it.
Just make sure to pat your face dry and don't dry it aggressively! Also don't try to pop the white heads more after you've washed your face even if it feels like there is stull gunk in there, let your body push it out!

MemberMember
(@elena_112)

Posted : 03/27/2016 7:59 am

3 hours ago, AnAngelDisgraced said:
If they are popping when you was your face there are 2 things happening. 1) you aren't applying pressure to pop them therefore you aren't pushinh the sebum back into your skin and other pores. 2) The sebum and bacteria that is in the whitehead is getting washed away immediately and therefore it doesn't sit around on your face to infect other pores. Also of you're washing with an acne wash the medicine will go into the whitehead right away rinsing out the pore while it is open and will help to dry it out and heal it.
Just make sure to pat your face dry and don't dry it aggressively! Also don't try to pop the white heads more after you've washed your face even if it feels like there is stull gunk in there, let your body push it out!

oooh makes sense, thanks! 🙂

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 03/30/2016 2:03 am

Purpose's gentle cleansing wash was a LIFESAVER for me when I had really bad acne. You can get it at Walmart.

TaneBabe liked