Notifications
Clear all

Does tea tree oil cure acne?

MemberMember
(@legendv2)

Posted : 03/18/2016 12:06 pm

I started using it months ago and it's improved my acne...but i still experience breakouts every now and then. Has anyone ever used it?

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 03/18/2016 4:21 pm

I use tea tree oil for a little while and I was very impressed with the results I was getting but at the start of this year breakouts became more severe and the tea tree oil wasn't givingme the results I wanted so I switched to the acne.org regimen. So it can help light and moderate but not so much for severe.

MemberMember
(@legendv2)

Posted : 03/18/2016 4:28 pm

4 minutes ago, -John- said:

I use tea tree oil for a little while and I was very impressed with the results I was getting but at the start of this year breakouts became more severe and the tea tree oil wasn't givingme the results I wanted so I switched to the acne.org regimen. So it can help light and moderate but not so much for severe.

I'm just pissed with acne...that's how all of my meds have gone...works for a while then my acne causing bacteria develops immunity against that particular med.

Mehn I would do anything to get rid of my acne once and for all.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/18/2016 7:39 pm

3 hours ago, Legendv2 said:
I'm just pissed with acne...that's how all of my meds have gone...works for a while then my acne causing bacteria develops immunity against that particular med.

Mehn I would do anything to get rid of my acne once and for all.

I've used a body shop product that contained tea tree oil in it for a little while, but I wasn't very impressed with the results. I'm not sure if it's the individual product or tea tree oil in general, but it hasn't had any positive or negative effects to my skin. Sadly, there isn't a "cure" for acne, but I sure wish there was, haha. I'd also suggest looking into the regiment and see if it helps any.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 03/24/2016 6:04 am

I've used tea tree oil as a spot treatment in the past and it worked ok to dry up active breakouts but it didn't cure my acne.