Notifications
Clear all

Does Tretinoin work for marks?

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/17/2016 2:47 pm

I'm using .04% and haven't seen any improvement in my marks in the month i've been using it. For long time users has it helped clear your marks? I fear i'm going to have these marks forever 🙁

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/17/2016 5:05 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@badhan)

Posted : 03/22/2016 11:00 am

I've used Ziana (which contains about 0.025% tretinoin) for about a year straight now, and I haven't personally noticed it fading my marks significantly more quickly than if I had let them heal on their own. They were pre-existing for about a year before I went on Ziana though (prior to that I had been using Aczone). However, that's just my personal experience; it's supposed to work :( 

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/22/2016 12:26 pm

My son is using .05% tretinoin and his red marks and PIH are noticeably improved. Maybe it doesn't work for everybody, which isn't surprising, there is a seldom a one-size-fits-all solution for these things.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 03/23/2016 6:36 pm

Im using 01 % and it has helped me with my hyper pigmentation

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 03/23/2016 7:06 pm

Many marks will disappear on their own, but tretinoin should help, so give it some more time (4-6 wks). Also take photos now and compare in 4-6 weeks since we all forget how we looked just a few weeks ago. If no much improvement ask your doctor for a higher tretinoin concentration (i.e. 0.1%). Also you have to use sunscreens every morning and mid-day. The one I usually recommend is Banana Boat Kids 50 SPF with titanium and zinc. Keep fighting you marks and keep me posted re: your progress! Best! VTC

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 03/24/2016 6:13 am

I've been using tretinoin for 2 years now and I don't see much improvement in my scarring with it. :/

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/26/2016 2:06 pm

Mines PIE, post inflammatory erythema. Reading all these reviews are killing my confidence in getting rid of these marks. I've had them for so long, i feel like nothings working! Laser treatments are too expensive for me and i've heard bad reviews of them. Ugh i hate these marks so much i feel like they are never going to disappear.

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 05/18/2016 10:10 pm

Welp i've gone through half a tube and its been a few months since i posted on here. Unfortunately it seems the tretinoin is not working for my PIE marks. This sucks incredibly, it seems there is no other option but to go for the expensive laser treatments. Ugh i was so hoping it would have worked for my marks. :\

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 05/19/2016 7:24 am

I'm using tretinoin 0.025 and definitely have noticed my scars getting lighter. They went from being very noticeable to progressively lightening up and now, while I still have some light marks, I can see that they're certainly improving week-by-week :) I make sure to slather on sunscreen before I go outside EVERY TIME, because tretinoin treated skin + the sun do not mix and can actually make scars appear worse. 

So tretinoin might help because it does help with cell revision and turning over skin faster, it won't make a difference on deeper scars, it should help PIH though :)