Notifications
Clear all

40% Glycolic Acid Peel last night, indentations gone

MemberMember
(@stinabina86)

Posted : 03/16/2016 11:15 am

Last night I did a glycolic peel, I do them about once every 3 weeks. I have 2 indented scars on the sides of my face, they are sunken in and pretty noticeable. The glycolic peels never help. I bought the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion system last week and started it day before yesterday. Then, last night I did the peel. My face turned red and white spots popped up. I started freaking out, thinking I shouldn't have done the peel since I did the neutrogena microderm the day before. When I woke up this morning my face is still somewhat red, but my indentations are almost completely filled in. Is this a permanent thing? Or is my face just swollen? Please tell me it's a permanent thing!

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 03/16/2016 1:39 pm

It's swollen. Collagen can not grow in a day.

MemberMember
(@stinabina86)

Posted : 03/16/2016 7:54 pm

Lol. I know it's impossible. Really wishful thinking. Swelling is down and sunken skin is back 🙁

MemberMember
(@jodorokes)

Posted : 03/16/2016 9:38 pm

Careful with peels, Stinabina. That's great that you're at least seeing some sort of improvement, but I think 40% is pretty strong. I messed up part of my face leaving 20% on for a few minutes, still recovering from that two years later, looks much better now though. Just a warning! Good luck! I hope you have some long-lasting results.

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 03/20/2016 5:47 pm

On 3/17/2016 at 10:38 PM, jodorokes said:

Careful with peels, Stinabina. That's great that you're at least seeing some sort of improvement, but I think 40% is pretty strong. I messed up part of my face leaving 20% on for a few minutes, still recovering from that two years later, looks much better now though. Just a warning! Good luck! I hope you have some long-lasting results.

Messed up how?

Just curious. I've used salicylic acid at pretty high concentrations and it seems like a relatively benign action.

MemberMember
(@jodorokes)

Posted : 03/22/2016 11:37 pm

Loss of volume for one. My right cheek is slightly less voluminous than my left now. Under harsh lighting I can see that part of my face is LOWER than the rest. My skin also has a slightly different texture, pigment. The worst part though is that it made my skin more vulnerable to scarring. I would have no scars today if I hadn't peeled. It's not that bad, but I do have a few indented scars In the area of the peel now. Incredibly frustrating!

I also went a little overboard with exfoliation in the months aftward though, so it might be that as well. I'm dermarolling a bit now to try to fix things! My face gets a bit closer to normal every month I think! This is either the result of the roller, or just time, not sure.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/23/2016 12:38 am

8 hours ago, jodorokes said:

Loss of volume for one. My right cheek is slightly less voluminous than my left now. Under harsh lighting I can see that part of my face is LOWER than the rest. My skin also has a slightly different texture, pigment. The worst part though is that it made my skin more vulnerable to scarring. I would have no scars today if I hadn't peeled. It's not that bad, but I do have a few indented scars In the area of the peel now. Incredibly frustrating!

I also went a little overboard with exfoliation in the months aftward though, so it might be that as well. I'm dermarolling a bit now to try to fix things! My face gets a bit closer to normal every month I think! This is either the result of the roller, or just time, not sure.

Never heard that before, glycolic acid maybe have burnt off out some sebaceous raised spots in your face making it look with less volume. 20% is a very light peel, saying that you lose volume in your face because of that is saying that somehow it caused a kind of atrophic scarring which is very very unlikely.

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 03/23/2016 2:09 am

So much ignorance and psuedo science in one thread. What a shit forum this has degraded to.

Rdnhey liked
MemberMember
(@jodorokes)

Posted : 03/25/2016 12:50 am

I told you alag, I went overboard with exfoliation afterwards, rubbing my face with sponges neurotically for a couple months post peel. It was most likely the combination of the two, but the peel definitely weakened my healing ability. Why would you doubt me? The skin is literally thinner on one side, I can feel it.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/25/2016 9:33 pm

On 3/23/2016 at 0:09 AM, sfnathan80 said:

So much ignorance and psuedo science in one thread. What a shit forum this has degraded to.

I know. I wish we had great insightful & intellectual postings and findings like the ones you post!!!!! Lmao