Notifications
Clear all

Need some hope.

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/14/2016 11:42 pm

Hi guys,

I've gotten acne since I was a pre-teen. It was sort of bad in high school but I went on the Regimen and for two years in college my skin was clear. My only complaint was dry skin around my mouth in the winter months (most likely caused by BP). I had surgery for endometriosis two summers ago and ever since then, I haven't been able to get a grip on my acne. 

In December I went to a dermatologist. My current routine is:

Morning:
-Gentle cleanser
-Home made diluted apple cider vinegar & witch hazel toner
-Alba Botanicals Oil-Free Aloe & Green Tea moisturizer 

Night:
-4% BP wash
-Toner
-Moisturizer
-0.025% Tretinoin 

I also take a dose of tetracycline in the morning and at night. My skin is the worst it has ever been in my life. Every time it acts like it's going to get better, it gets worse. I even take multivitamins, fish oil tablets, probiotics, and drink green tea. I've examined my diet and haven't found anything to trigger it. I don't know what else to do.

12381232_10207899159629695_1857027168_o.jpg

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 03/15/2016 8:52 am

Hello HumanaeVitae! you mentioned you went throughendometriosissurgery.. isn't this condition related to the womb? Heard that people with endometriosis could have severe hormonal imbalance. Have you tried going on birth control pills? Since you said diet isn't the cause of the recurring acne.

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/15/2016 11:49 am

2 hours ago, rosaceasingapore said:

Hello HumanaeVitae! you mentioned you went throughendometriosissurgery.. isn't this condition related to the womb? Heard that people with endometriosis could have severe hormonal imbalance. Have you tried going on birth control pills? Since you said diet isn't the cause of the recurring acne.

My dermatologist doesn't want me to go on birth control, and honestly I don't want to either. The side effects are worse than acne, in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 03/15/2016 12:59 pm

Im willing to bet that in 2 months you will have clear skin on Isotretinoin.

Also tetracycline is bullshit, will make your Acne more resistant later on... it doesent fix the core problem which Isotretinoin does. Antibiotics should not be prescribed for Acne because they simply dont work.

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 03/15/2016 1:35 pm

for me this regimen works

morning
1. Cetaphil oil control foam wash
i wash my face as gentle as i can for about 10 seconds. Do not rub or irritate your skin.
2. Clindamycin
3. Sunblock

evening
1. Same as morning
2. Clindamycin
3. Mandelic malic 20%

just remember to do not rub or irritate your skin as it will lead to more acne breakouts. And avoid touching your face as much as possible.

My acne went from severe to nothing but acne scars in less than a month. I can show you my before and after pics if you like for motivation.

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/16/2016 10:47 am

21 hours ago, Strongbodyforgoodskin said:

Im willing to bet that in 2 months you will have clear skin on Isotretinoin.

Also tetracycline is bullshit, will make your Acne more resistant later on... it doesent fix the core problem which Isotretinoin does. Antibiotics should not be prescribed for Acne because they simply dont work.

I have acne on my chest and back too, though. I think that was the reason she gave me an antibiotic.

Thanks for the encouragement, though. It does help.

21 hours ago, Zaaacdy said:

for me this regimen works

morning
1. Cetaphil oil control foam wash
i wash my face as gentle as i can for about 10 seconds. Do not rub or irritate your skin.
2. Clindamycin
3. Sunblock

evening
1. Same as morning
2. Clindamycin
3. Mandelic malic 20%

just remember to do not rub or irritate your skin as it will lead to more acne breakouts. And avoid touching your face as much as possible.

My acne went from severe to nothing but acne scars in less than a month. I can show you my before and after pics if you like for motivation.

I've been on clindamycin before. It helped for a time but it doesn't do anything anymore.

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 03/16/2016 10:59 am

I dont get it, why dont u just go on Isotretinoin? Are you afraid of the side effects? I am telling you all your Acne will vanish on Isotretinoin, that stuff is really effective and cures Acne if taken properly. Some people only have dry skin and lips as their side effects and nothing more.

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/17/2016 11:51 am

On March 16, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Strongbodyforgoodskin said:

I dont get it, why dont u just go on Isotretinoin? Are you afraid of the side effects? I am telling you all your Acne will vanish on Isotretinoin, that stuff is really effective and cures Acne if taken properly. Some people only have dry skin and lips as their side effects and nothing more.

What's the difference between that and tretinoin? Because I'm on that already and have been since the beginning of the year.

MemberMember
(@strongbodyforgoodskin)

Posted : 03/17/2016 12:00 pm

12 minutes ago, HumanaeVitae said:
On 2016-03-16 at 4:59 PM, Strongbodyforgoodskin said:

What's the difference between that and tretinoin? Because I'm on that already and have been since the beginning of the year.

Isotretinoin is Accutane, its a tablet you take with food and it basically internally fights acne by shutting down the oil production in pores and it shrinks your pores and also makes skin cells renew faster or something so your pores dont get blocked.

MemberMember
(@skinnytoad)

Posted : 03/17/2016 12:38 pm

HumanaeVitae Hi! I put off using Accutane for a decade. I've had Acne Vulgaris for 12 years. I started my treatment six weeks ago and bar one spot on my cheek I have CLEAR SKIN! I can't believe I typed that sentence. And, more to the point, I can't believe I waited ten years. 
It is a strong drug, no question. But treating hormonal acne with anti biotics was a complete waste of time for me. I pumped my body full of tetracyclin, lymecyclin, minocycline... so many different ones (and I can't spell any correctly :)

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/20/2016 11:15 am

I'm not going on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 03/20/2016 7:13 pm

One of the wiser comments I've seen in a while.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 03/20/2016 7:13 pm

One of the wiser comments I've seen in a while.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 03/20/2016 10:51 pm

You could try supplementing with natural hormone therapy. Endometriosis could very possibly be why you have acne. Have you looked into Vitex, saw palmetto, all those sorts?

MemberMember
(@user516068)

Posted : 03/21/2016 12:23 pm

Hey guys! 
so I've been having this type of acne on my chin ever since I started high school (was 14 years old then) And I'm now 23 years old... so this has been going on for a long time now, and they NEVER go away :( I have tried so many things, so many cleansers, exfoliators, toners... you name it! (even clays) but my chin has never ever cleared completely... it looks like ALL of my pore are clogged and resulting in whiteheads as you can see in the picture! I just want to have clear skin... it embarrasses me to go out in public without makeup on and I feel ugly and ashamed of myself... :'( and I do drink close to 3L of water everyday, so I know it's not from being dehydrated ! HELP :( 

IMG_4732 (1).JPG

MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 03/28/2016 4:22 am

Have you tried the regimen? I had inflammatory moderate( really bad )acne and it cleared me up 🙂 was amazing since nothing the dermatologists pescribed was helping

MemberMember
(@user516068)

Posted : 04/03/2016 9:55 am

No I haven't! How can I purchase the regimen? :) 

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/03/2016 1:59 pm

Since you have not been on the tretinoin for 3-6 months, keep going. If in 6 months you are seeing no consistent progress, move to a higher strength at .25 is low. I am glad that you are willing to put off accutane. There is many things that you can try BEFORE taking the plunge

different strengths of retinoids
the acne.org regimen (if you do not have sensitive skin or are eczema prone)
spiro or natural hormone balancers
seeing a naturopath

Good look and don't give up.

MemberMember
(@demaguil)

Posted : 04/03/2016 9:13 pm

its been 6 years since i left acne.org,because my skin is cleared now..i suggest you try isotretinion..give it a shot..you will not regret it 🙂

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 04/12/2016 10:30 am

On April 3, 2016 at 1:59 PM, leelowe1 said:

Since you have not been on the tretinoin for 3-6 months, keep going. If in 6 months you are seeing no consistent progress, move to a higher strength at .25 is low. I am glad that you are willing to put off accutane. There is many things that you can try BEFORE taking the plunge

different strengths of retinoids
the acne.org regimen (if you do not have sensitive skin or are eczema prone)
spiro or natural hormone balancers
seeing a naturopath

Good look and don't give up.

This is really encouraging. Thank you so much.