Notifications
Clear all

What are suitable sunscreens for the face when using acne medication?

MemberMember
(@lillielolo)

Posted : 03/14/2016 6:28 am

What sunscreen do you use / would you recommend to someone using a prescribedacne treatment?

(I Am usingDifferin Gel 0.1% to treat mild to moderate hormonal acne)

On my search I keep coming back toBiore UV Bright Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++ , as it is supposedly matte and great as a makeup base, but I fear trying something new in case it makes my skin worse.

Itsingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Methicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-9, PEG-32, Styrene/Stearyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Silica, BHT, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and any opinions on the one listed above would be too!! Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@katsc)

Posted : 03/15/2016 10:32 pm

The best one is to choose a product that doesn't make you break out even more. If the sunscreen you're already using isn't giving you acne or irritation, I don't see a reason to change it.

I like the Avene products though. They're for acne prone and sensitive skin.