Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm starting a course of Accutane next week, min. of 4 months. Anyone have any tips relating to diet or general tips? P.S I eat a lot of sugar. 
Also can anyone recommend a face moisturiser for sensitive skin?

Edited by orie_hamasaki

Hi there :)
It seems pretty widely accepted that is is good to take your pills with or just after a fairly high fat meal. So a lot of people take with stuff like peanut butter, avocado, eggs etc. I think this is supposed to help the absorption of the drug.
Make sure you're not taking any supplements with vitamin A in.
Don't use topicals on your skin anymore as they will probably burn.
Use sunscreen!

Depends what exactly you are sensitive to (and what country you are in), but I can think of Cerave, Cetaphil, Eucerin, and First Aid Beauty as some initial options for moisturiser.

There is a 'personal accutane logs' section of this website which is quite good for browsing to see other people's tips and experiences.

Good luck! :)

On 14 March 2016 at 9:10 PM, WittySock said:

Hi there :)
It seems pretty widely accepted that is is good to take your pills with or just after a fairly high fat meal. So a lot of people take with stuff like peanut butter, avocado, eggs etc. I think this is supposed to help the absorption of the drug.
Make sure you're not taking any supplements with vitamin A in.
Don't use topicals on your skin anymore as they will probably burn.
Use sunscreen!

Depends what exactly you are sensitive to (and what country you are in), but I can think of Cerave, Cetaphil, Eucerin, and First Aid Beauty as some initial options for moisturiser.

There is a 'personal accutane logs' section of this website which is quite good for browsing to see other people's tips and experiences.

Good luck! :)

Thank you very much :) 

On 3/14/2016 at 5:35 AM, orie_hamasaki said:

I'm starting a course of Accutane next week, min. of 4 months. Anyone have any tips relating to diet or general tips? P.S I eat a lot of sugar. 
Also can anyone recommend a face moisturiser for sensitive skin?

Look into this brand Avéne, a French brand. They're known for using thermal water in their products and their whole range has sensitive skin in mind. It can get a bit pricey but I'll pay $$ for quality anyday :)