Notifications
Clear all

Makeup - Yes or No?

MemberMember
(@livduke)

Posted : 03/13/2016 2:49 pm

I have moderate acne, where my face just as a couple of white heads, and the rest are just red dots. I use honey as a face wash, and drink a lot of water and green tea. No caffeine for me. I take vitamin e and fish oil, but lately it hasn't gotten where i want my face to be. I used to wear bare minerals face makeup, then stopped for a year (still had clear skin). Im thinking i should start back up, because my face is bad, and minerals are good for your face. Any thoughts???

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 03/15/2016 9:05 am

I use honey as a face mask too and it's fabulous! But i still cleanse with foam once or twice a week to really get the gunk outta my pores. Maybe you can try deep cleansing once a week?

I don't think you should start wearing makeup to cover up the acne, cause no matter how natural the minerals are, they are still an additional layer on your skin and could potentially cause problems if not removed properly every night.

Why not focus on improving the acne by increasing things in your routine or improving your current regime? 🙂

livduke liked
MemberMember
(@guitarist-21)

Posted : 03/17/2016 8:32 pm

Hi, I started wearing foundation at the beginning of this school year because my face was finally starting to look better and I wanted to try it out. After a couple months I started breaking out on my cheeks and forehead, worse than I had before. Even though I was wearing good quality makeup, my skin is very acne-prone so the makeup still bothered it. Of course I was stupid and the more I broke out, the more makeup I would put on to cover it up because I was embarrassed. If I were you I would try and stay away from foundation because your skin sounds similar to mine, and it probably won't tolerate foundation well. I bet if you keep drinking water and taking those vitamins your skin will slowly get better. I know how you feel though, sometimes I feel like I do everything right and my face still looks bad.

livduke liked
MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 03/21/2016 8:34 pm

The best makeup is no makeup, but that is hardly possible for many of my female acne patients. Therefore, in general, avoid any pressed or pasty makeups, since they can plug your pores and cause or worsen acne. So, what is left then? You may try loose mineral makeup such as bareMinerals which in general should be fine as long as you remove it as soon as you can.
I wish you all the best and let's keep fighting acne!
{REMOVED}

oyinkan98 and livduke liked