Notifications
Clear all

Have you ever seen a girl dating a guy with extremely severe disfiguring acne?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 03/12/2016 11:30 pm

Because I never have. If they have I would like to see documented evidence of it.

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 03/14/2016 9:47 am

It does happen, but I'll admit its not a common sight. A colleague I used to work with had quite severe acne and I think he was married. Not sure if he got married before or after the acne, I didn't know him very well.

Acne aside, I've known people with varying degrees of facial disfigurements that have dated, been married etc. I don't have any photographic evidence of this unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 03/14/2016 3:18 pm

I can't say I have seen that in the past 4-5 years, though I haven't gone out in public any more than absolutely necessary. I became more introverted and thus haven't had as much chance to possibly see if such a couple actually exists where I live....

When I was more social, during my college years, I also do not recall seeing this coupling. However, even if I did, it may have simply been that young college aged people still had "leftover" acne from their teen years and their BF/GF understood that... It def seems like people are less accepting of adult acne (especially on men, since we don't usually cover it up) than they are of late teen/early 20s acne. How old are you OP btw?

MemberMember
(@user21768)

Posted : 03/15/2016 8:52 am

Back in high school I had a few girls interested when I had a pizza face. Shame I was too self concious to do anything about it.

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 03/15/2016 9:25 am

I have seen couples where the guy has severe acne scarring. I think some girls are able to look past one's face especially when it comes to true love.

MemberMember
(@jodorokes)

Posted : 03/15/2016 11:59 pm

There have been several forum topics about dating with acne/scars. Many people, men and women, have found success with relationships. Many people who thought themselves to be unlovable were able to find love with amazing people. It's not impossible. I bet if scarred individuals weren't so critical of themselves, there would be many more couples like that. I understand your frustration, but I think you should feel more optimistic.

MemberMember
(@kevin9k9)

Posted : 03/16/2016 1:46 pm

There was a guy in my class who had acne all over his cheeks including scars, he had a relationship with a women that's literally one of the hottest, I refused to believe it when he told me they were together, but eh, saw them on social media etc so obviously they were.
I can send you evidence @ pm

MemberMember
(@azstl25)

Posted : 03/23/2016 12:28 am

Are you Koloz on SAS?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 03/28/2016 10:52 pm

On March 23, 2016 at 0:28 AM, azstl25 said:

Are you Koloz on SAS?

Yup that's me

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/07/2016 5:19 pm

I am gonna be kind of not-modest for a second (because I AM an acne sufferer, however mild it may be), but I do quite a lot of modeling in CO and have been pretty successful with it. My boyfriend of 6 years has moderate-severe acne and never once do I remember it bothering me, besides the fact that I wanted to pop his blackheads sometimes haha. It made me feel comfortable when I would get a breakout or felt low about myself because I knew neither of theses things mattered to him. If any girl gives a f*ck about pimples or about appearance in general, she probably won't be the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with anyways. Just sayin ;)