Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koloz

Have you ever seen a girl dating a guy with extremely severe disfiguring acne?

It does happen, but I'll admit its not a common sight. A colleague I used to work with had quite severe acne and I think he was married. Not sure if he got married before or after the acne, I didn't know him very well.

Acne aside, I've known people with varying degrees of facial disfigurements that have dated, been married etc. I don't have any photographic evidence of this unfortunately.

I can't say I have seen that in the past 4-5 years, though I haven't gone out in public any more than absolutely necessary.  I became more introverted and thus haven't had as much chance to possibly see if such a couple actually exists where I live....

When I was more social, during my college years, I also do not recall seeing this coupling.  However, even if I did, it may have simply been that young college aged people still had "leftover" acne from their teen years and their BF/GF understood that...  It def seems like people are less accepting of adult acne (especially on men, since we don't usually cover it up) than they are of late teen/early 20s acne.  How old are you OP btw?

Back in high school I had a few girls interested when I had a pizza face. Shame I was too self concious to do anything about it.

There have been several forum topics about dating with acne/scars. Many people, men and women, have found success with relationships. Many people who thought themselves to be unlovable were able to find love with amazing people. It's not impossible. I bet if scarred individuals weren't so critical of themselves, there would be many more couples like that. I understand your frustration, but I think you should feel more optimistic.

There was a guy in my class who had acne all over his cheeks including scars, he had a relationship with a women that's literally one of the hottest, I refused to believe it when he told me they were together, but eh, saw them on social media etc so obviously they were.
I can send you evidence @ pm 

I am gonna be kind of not-modest for a second (because I AM an acne sufferer, however mild it may be), but I do quite a lot of modeling in CO and have been pretty successful with it. My boyfriend of 6 years has moderate-severe acne and never once do I remember it bothering me, besides the fact that I wanted to pop his blackheads sometimes haha. It made me feel comfortable when I would get a breakout or felt low about myself because I knew neither of theses things mattered to him. If any girl gives a f*ck about pimples or about appearance in general, she probably won't be the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with anyways. Just sayin ;)