Notifications
Clear all

[picture] Any idea why make up becomes like this on my skin?

MemberMember
(@daintyxx)

Posted : 03/11/2016 12:31 pm

After a few hours, my make up becomes like this. Any idea what is wrong? Any foundation I use will result to this.. It looks like the foundation surrounds every pore I have, even those that cannot be seen! (Beside mouth area). It's really weird. I'm guessing it could be the oil coming out of the pore which dissolves the make up. Hence looking like that. But how do I fix it!? It's so gross!

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 03/12/2016 4:47 pm

Your skin actually looks more dry than oily from that picture? ... I know it can be hard to tell from a photo though.

MemberMember
(@daintyxx)

Posted : 03/13/2016 8:34 am

15 hours ago, WittySock said:

Your skin actually looks more dry than oily from that picture? ... I know it can be hard to tell from a photo though.

I'm not sure myself either.. I think I might have dehydrated skin. Dry inside and oily outside. Which is really frustrating. 🙁

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 03/13/2016 2:35 pm

it actually does look like dry skin. maybe exfoliate before you put on makeup? you could try a primer on under the foundation. some foundations just "cling" to pores. right now i am using revlon nearly naked, it doesnt do this.
what foundation are you wearing in the picture?

MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 03/14/2016 4:18 pm

Yeah I agree, try exfoliating a few times a week if you don't already, and try using either a primer or moisturiser underneath your makeup. And maybe even look for a foundation formulated for dry skin? Although that's a lot of new products
I have oily skin and if I don't use moisturiser under my current foundation it actually does almost the exact opposite of this - the colour will 'sit' right in my pores.

MemberMember
(@divinegray)

Posted : 03/18/2016 11:26 pm

When my skin gets dehydrated, I find that Cerave moisturizers help. Also, what foundation are you using?

For exfoliating, St Ive's Apricot Scrub is amazing.

MemberMember
(@jessispano)

Posted : 03/26/2016 1:09 am

I use Palladio primer with my makeup to keep it from settling into my skin. It just helps the look of my makeup last. So, you can try adding that to your routine of you don't already use a primer.

MemberMember
(@txpeach182)

Posted : 04/04/2016 4:42 pm

Mine is doing this too! I have super combo skin...Wash my face in the morning and apply moisturizer but 10 minutes later I'm picking flakes off my skin trying to do my makeup. By the time I go to wash my face before bed, my face is a freaking oil slick. I've used Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin and normal skin..... and bare minerals will sometimes do it too. ugh!

MemberMember
(@spirouser)

Posted : 04/07/2016 8:46 am

I have combo skin as well... It's crazy what I have to do for my skin but on days that I know I'll be wearing makeup for a while I use Tarte Flawless Primer on areas that dry up and Tarte Poreless on areas that get oily like my t-zone. Having combo skin is annoying but I find that using two different primers has helped a lot.

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/20/2016 4:21 pm

i guess you just have to balance or match your foundation with your moisturiser and primer. it is very tricky coz i too used to always get into this situation. you will find that you will experiment quite a lot of combinations (yaas more stress and $$$) so if you like your moisturiser a lot you will have to find that good foundation that would not be too drying or too oily when used on top of it. i myself when i had combo skin i will just wash my face with water in the morning then proceed to neutrogena oil free moisture for sensitive skin (1 pump is super enough) focusing on areas that are dry, apply murad invisiblur sunscreen (which feels like a primer altogether!) then i put estee lauder double wear then set it with dior forever compact powder. tada:) in terms of touch ups just blot really but i used to have compliments with this routine *so smooth, acne free looking* (it just changed now coz i am on accutane and it is driving me nuts)