Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelsoox0

fermented cod liver oil purging period? or bad reaction?

Hello beautiful people!

I recently have embarked on a skin clear journey about 1-2 months ago through a strict Paleo diet. My acne reduced and I was about 90% clear but I was still breaking out in zits here and there randomly. I kept reading about the wonderful benefits of fermented cod liver oil so I started to introduce fermented cod liver oil as one of my supplements. I have been taking Vitamin D3, Zinc, Probiotics, and Vitamin B Complex for the past two months.  When i started to take FCLO (I take the capsules and I only have been taking one everyday) the very next day I was getting way more breakouts then usual but they are waaaaay different then my usual acne, usually my acne is inflamed and red but they're just a bunch of whiteheads that go away mostly the next day but then i'll get a couple different whiteheads the next day in spots that i NEVER get pimples. it's been almost a week of taking them. I was reading that FCLO can cause a purging period. Should i keep taking it or is my body just not liking it since I had such a instant reaction? I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar experience? help!!!

Hello!
This has also been my experience! I have been taking 2 tsp for 7 days, and I have had a worsening of acne. How did it turn out for you? Help!!

On 3/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, StoriedNote said:

Hello!
This has also been my experience! I have been taking 2 tsp for 7 days, and I have had a worsening of acne. How did it turn out for you? Help!!

Hi! I am taking it and it cleared my acne. I started with a very small amount each night for a week and slowly titrated up. It’s important your body get used to the product bc it is powerful. I would have never just started taking at 2 tsp a day. It’s too much at once for your body and that could be a bad reaction. Start slowly up to 1 tsp. There is such a thing as too much vitamin a for your body