Notifications
Clear all

Scars/red marks which are they? - post accutane what next? *pics*

MemberMember
(@rebeccat90)

Posted : 03/09/2016 2:16 pm

Hi so have just finished a 6 month course of roaccutane which has worked amazingly. After 8 years of on/off acne which was sometimes severe, I haven't had a spot in 4/5 months and my skin is lovely. 

However I have are a lot of red marks and I think some scarring but I am not sure if they are scars and if so what type of scars they are, also how best to treat them. I'm 25 and working so money not a huge issue of it will work. 

The last two pictures are with make up, you can only see the scars in certain lights. 

Any help would be very appreciated! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/09/2016 6:15 pm

The photos are a little blurry (it's hard to get good photos, I've tried and I know the frustration) If you run your finger down your skin and it's smooth, it's a good sign it's most likely acne marks, but if it feels like there are little craters or indents in your skin, those are acne scars. 

I found a web link with an article attached, but just look at the photograph where they label the differences between marks and scars:  http://www.skinacea.com/faq/acne/a09-acne-scars-vs-marks.html#.VuCtn5wrKhc

Let me know if I can help you with anything else! I'm currently on the last stretch to getting rid of some horrible hyperpigmentation (acne marks) myself!
Have a great day! :)