Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JenniJennifer

Birth Control (Diane35) log

Hi everyone! 
Okay so this is going to be me documenting my acne journey.. with the help of birth control! I'm someone who likes to ramble quite a bit so sorry in advance. 

Background
- My acne began when I was 13. It started off as quite a lot of pimples (small whiteheads) around the forehead. I think this could have been attributed to my very dramatic side fringe that covered practically half my face (we all had those, right?). When I got rid of the fringe, my acne cleared immediately. So there's that. 
- My second major experience with acne came at about 16. I don't know if this sounds silly to some of you but I broke out like crazy after I got into my first serious relationship. When the break out happened, I searched everything I could and I found some article saying that starting the relationship brought about changes in hormone, stress, etc and this just made my skin go crazy. My boyfriend is very skeptical and says I should not blame him for my acne, but it is just sooooo much easier to have something to blame, you know? It is probably important to note that I took my high school exams at around age 17.. the stress of my exams ended up making the break out even worse. 
- My acne was never cystic. However, I dealt with whiteheads all over my face :(
- I have never tried antibiotics
- I have, however, tried every single cream and wash that I could get my hands on  (over the counter, drug store products, high end products: clinique, dermalogica, khiels, mario badescu, peter thomas roth, paula's choice etc., and even online kits: the acne.org regimen + exposed skin care regimen).
- I have a very high sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide (the acne.org regimen treatment gave me chemical burns < i did a patch test but the burn didn't occur till after 48 hours. After waiting a day, I figured it was ok so I slathered it on and had to deal with the consequences (I had school that day siiiighhhhhh)
- Now, at 20, my skin is very temperamental. It can go from being clear (or as clear as it can get... since I have asian skin that is VERY prone to hyperpigmentation) to being like a battle field.

DAY 1-11:
- I experienced an initial breakout at around day 4. I had about 6 whiteheads pop up on my right cheek practically overnight. They dried up and went away by day 8. 
- I don't know if this sounds weird (to notice it so quickly) but I think my boobs have grown quite a bit. They felt tender after the first week. As I am nearing the end of week 2, I have definitely noticed a change in size. My weight hasn't really increased though.. so I'm guessing it's just extra water retention or something idk. 
- After day 6 I started noticing that if I don't have food just before or just after taking the pill, I get a bit of a stomach ache. I don't know if anyone else experiences this so I thought I'd just throw it out there.
- At the 8th day mark I had a very painful pimple that was under the skin. It got very big and inflamed. Let's name him George as an easy way to make a reference to him. 

DAY 12:
- George is definitely on his way out. 
- The rest of my skin is not too bad. I have a couple of white heads around my hair line, left cheek and chin. Otherwise, I am just dealing with a lot of scarring. 
- University just started again last week so I'm hoping to start eating a bit better. I was on break for the past couple of months and so I was pretty much just eating whatever I wanted to. When I have class, I tend to pack my lunch (meal prepping over the course of the week.. so I have more control of what I'm putting into my body)
- I am drinking about 2L of water a day. When I'm at university I'm drinking water with bit of lemon juice. When I am at home, I am having a lot of green tea. 

That's all I have to report for now.
Thanks for reading! I hope everyone else is having a great day. :) 

Edited by JenniJennifer
Text was accidentally cleared in first submission

DAY 16
- No active pimples on my face right now (fingers crossed it stays that way < wishful thinking). 
                          ^ NOTE: this is a very big improvement for me and I'm very excited to report this! Let's just hope this positive progress continues. 
- George got very big and angry.. and popped in the shower. I know I should've just left it but I was being stupid.. so now I'm dealing with a scab that is in the process of flaking off (rip George.. you will not be missed)
- I still have a crap load of black heads though siiigghh
- For the past 2 days I have been partying quite a bit (I know, I shouldn't) and as a result, I have fallen asleep without  washing my face two days in a row now. I did manage to get off my makeup with a makeup wipe before passing out.. but even then, if I had been negligent like that in the past I would have definitely gotten a few nasty pimples as a present the next morning. I'm not too sure if there is a breakout under my skin that is delaying itself or not.. but for now.. I'm am really surprised and happy that I didn't have to pay the consequences for being so stupid. I really hope that this is a sign the pill is working. 
- My skin has been crazzzy smooth lately. At first I thought it was because I started using my clarisonic again after a long hiatus.. but I am fairly certain that my skin has never been this smooth even with using the clarisonic in the past. 

That's all I have to report for now! I'm feeling pretty content and hopeful at this point. My period is visiting in a week or so and I usually have a pretty bad breakout during that time.. so let's hope that everything goes okay. Thanks for reading! Hope you are all having a great day. (:

DAY 28:
It's been a while! Ok an update

- My period came a couple days ago and oh my gooooshhh the pill has helped so much. In the past, my period would last about 5 days (which wasn't even that bad to begin with, I know), and the cramps would be so bad I would skip school to stay at home, lay in bed and cry. Anyway, this month, my period lasted around 4 days (it was pretty much gone by the end of day 3 but day 4 had slight spotting) and .. the icing on the cake.. I HAD NO CRAMPS!
- With my period, came a small breakout. This was to be expected. There were two under-the-skin pimples that hurt quite a bit.. but they have flattened out (within a couple days which was crazy exciting) and a few white heads around my chin. 
- All of these pimples have 90% cleared up. I have not had an urge to pop and pick at everything lately because my skin has improved so much I'm not obsessing about it anymore.
- Hyper pigementation from my past is still pretty bad but I have been using peter thomas roth glycolic gel twice a week, as well as the shiseido white lucent line. Fingers crossed. I'm also considering some kind of laser/ peel treatment but I am broke right now so that will have to wait. 
- I have lost weight. It hasn't been a considerable amount (around 1kg = 2lb) but I guess that's something. 
- My boobs have gotten  slightly fuller since the last time I said I noticed a change in size. WOOO! (But I had pretty small boobs to begin with so I'm very excited)

ok to summarise:
I really can't say enough good things about the pill. I started noticing a difference  in my skin after the 2 week mark (after the initial breakout hit me) and it really continues to get better every day. My period got lighter, I didn't have cramps, I lost weight, my boobs got bigger. >> everything resulting in a happier me! 
pls pls pls consider the pill if you haven't already. 

Have a great day everyone!