Notifications
Clear all

Solodyn update

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/08/2016 12:49 am

Okay so I posted about being on solodyn after accutane and well... My advice is don't. Solodyn is minocycline and it screwed up my stomach so bad. I can't eat big meals, I keep going to the bathroom seconds after I swallow food, and it's not normal stools either (tmi I know sorry). It's given me severe back pain, worse than accutane. Acid reflux that's so bad I can't bend over or it hurt my chest. I just started probiotics today. Fingers crossed. My face is clear but I couldn't take it anymore. The good thing is since stopping the meds I've had no breakouts at all. You lose some you win some I guess. All this also sparked my anxiety, I guess I can't catch a break.

MemberMember
(@gbomb47)

Posted : 03/08/2016 2:22 am

I was in the same exact situation as you earlier this year except It seems that Solodyn atleast stopped your acne. I had been on doxycycline for a year and a half and I had perfect skin but unfortunately my body became used to the antibiotic. I was desperate to achieve the same results, so I went on amoxicillin which hardly worked and then I tried Solodyn which also hardly worked as well. Both these antibiotics didnt just not work for my acne but gave me bad muscle aches and stomach pain. If I were you I would look into healing your gut and repleneshing it with healthy gut flora as well as taking probiotics to help recover from Solodyn. It took me about 8-10 months of really healthy eating to finally diminish my frequent bowel movements but Good luck!

PS: the gut is often reffered to as the second brain, so healing your gut WILL help with your anxiety as well. Trust me when I say this