Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide sensitivity

MemberMember
(@tramimi)

Posted : 03/06/2016 10:52 am

First of all, thank you so much for shipping my order so fast, I'm beyond happy!

I've been using other BP gels prescribed by the doctor which are 5% concentrated. I did get a reaction when I first started, however, it went away after a few weeks of use. Now, I've tried the acne.org BP after receiving it and first impression was that the smell was super strong and although I applied tiny amounts it stung my eyes as it happens when cutting onions. Secondly, not only my eyes got a bit swollen and red (I was kinda expecting that as it happened to me before) but my whole face is very itchy, red and the irritation got even to my neck. I haven't noticed excessive dryness though.

Is it common to get these symptoms even when your face is used to BP of a stronger concentration?
What should I do to prevent this?

MemberMember
(@tramimi)

Posted : 03/06/2016 3:03 pm

I hope so, it's really itchy! I mean, after using it for couple of days I can see my pores tightening so I'm not complaining about that at all! I just hope it stops soon as I have a horrible habit of scratching during the night when I'm asleep :D Thank you for your reply! 

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/06/2016 5:00 pm

Something similar happened to me when I started using the acne.org BP way long ago. I think my symptoms lasted maybe a 5 to 7 days, so you're almost over the big itchy symptoms. If it gets too bad to the point where you can't handle it, I'd suggest only putting the BP on once a day until your skin can get fully adjusted.

Hope your skin turns out well and keep us updated!

tramimi liked
MemberMember
(@tramimi)

Posted : 03/07/2016 2:46 pm

Thank you for your support! I'm currently just using it at night. I have noticed today that the skin around my eyes got really dry and flaky. I always make sure bp gets really dried out and absorbed before going to bed though so I don't think it's because of transferring. Isthis an usual symptom? (Sorry for so many questions)

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/07/2016 3:58 pm

On 3/7/2016 at 3:46 AM, tramimi said:

Thank you for your support! I'm currently just using it at night. I have noticed today that the skin around my eyes got really dry and flaky. I always make sure bp gets really dried out and absorbed before going to bed though so I don't think it's because of transferring. Isthis an usual symptom? (Sorry for so many questions)

Hi Tramimi,

You must avoid using the Acne.org Treatment around your eye area as it could cause irritation. Also make sure that you are not using the Acne.org Moisturizer around your eyes as it may drag the Treatment along with it.

If you have a tendency to sleep on your side, you may change your pillow case every few days and see if that will reduce the irritation.

Dryness and irritation is to be expected during the first few weeks into the Acne.org Regimen but fortunately, this does go away when your skin adjusts to the Treatment. Use two full pumps of .org Moisturizer, twice a day or as often as needed to prevent any further dryness. You may also add in 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer for additional moisture.

Use the Acne.org Treatment SLOWLY. Use only a very small pea sized amount of Acne.org Treatment only once per day for a full week. By week two you may start applying the pea sized amount twice a day. In week three you can begin increasing the dose SLOWLY and by the end of week four you should be using the full 4ML dose of Acne.org Treatment. We guarantee you that if you follow these instructions you will have perfectly clear, radiant and healthy looking skin.

tramimi liked
MemberMember
(@tramimi)

Posted : 03/09/2016 4:44 am

Thank you! I do believe in patient treatment, however, acne.org products really made a difference straight away. My skin feels healthier and more balanced. 

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/09/2016 3:24 pm

10 hours ago, tramimi said:

Thank you! I do believe in patient treatment, however, acne.org products really made a difference straight away. My skin feels healthier and more balanced. 

You are very welcome : )

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please let us know. 

MemberMember
(@tramimi)

Posted : 06/05/2016 4:54 am

So just a little update as I had to stop by to place my order. I just cannot use BP, it always flares my skin up and instead of dealing with a small pimple or two I have to deal with a red, painfully itchy and leather-like skin for a week. But that's fine, everyone's skin is different and what works for some doesn't have to work for others. What truly is a miracle for my skin is the rest of the acne.org regimen - the cleanser, moisturiser and AHA. No more large papules, only marks due to hyperpigmentation left. So thank you, acne.org, you are a life saver one way or another!!