Notifications
Clear all

Tea Tree Oil & Salicylic Acid & Scarring?

MemberMember
(@sophialindsey)

Posted : 03/05/2016 5:15 pm

Recently I have tried a new combination of Tea Tree Oil and Salicylic Acid and boy has it worked wonders. I am only a week in and I am already seeing a HUGE difference. I use TTO by diluting it with water and applying it as a spot treatment. There was an initial purge at first but now I see it subsiding. I'm seeing best results when I pair it with Neutrogena natural face wash and OXY's Salicylic Acid face wipes. Now that my acne is beginning to fade, I am left with red/dark spots. I am in inquiring on a way to help reduce these. I will leave pictures below. Thank you 

This is one week ago:

[Edited image out]
[Edited image out]
[Edited image out]

This is current (SO MUCH BETTER & same lighting):
IMG_0391.thumb.jpg.f0506611e893d0a53ed15IMG_0392.thumb.jpg.49c30d6b4e5de7fc3a4beIMG_0393.thumb.jpg.bda65349c61eb57cd03feIMG_0396.thumb.jpg.6cccde87ea9cdddef821d

MemberMember
(@legendv2)

Posted : 03/18/2016 4:23 pm

This thread is useful to me as i too have used a similar combination(Neutrogena oil-free face wash and tea tree oil) but still left with those scars.

I tried to make an appointment with a dermatologist, and i did...but it isn't till october...

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/18/2016 8:01 pm

On 3/19/2016 at 3:23 AM, Legendv2 said:

I tried to make an appointment with a dermatologist, and i did...but it isn't till october...

That's absolutely crazy!

Red marks usually linger around for a while, it can take a few weeks up to a few months or more for them to fade. There are a few products on the market that "help speed up the process" which include AHA and vitamin C serums, but I'm not particularly sure how well, fast, and effective they work. There are a few webpages that explain it a little better in detail, I've linked some below!

P.S. I'm also going through the same thing you are at the moment, but the good news is that the marks will eventually fade!

Here are some weblinks, I just glanced over them and they looked pretty good:
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/acne-scars-biggest-mistakes

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@legendv2)

Posted : 03/19/2016 6:18 pm

On 3/19/2016 at 7:01 AM, Stephen J said:

That's absolutely crazy!

Red marks usually linger around for a while, it can take a few weeks up to a few months or more for them to fade. There are a few products on the market that "help speed up the process" which include AHA and vitamin C serums, but I'm not particularly sure how well, fast, and effective they work. There are a few webpages that explain it a little better in detail, I've linked some below!

P.S. I'm also going through the same thing you are at the moment, but the good news is that the marks will eventually fade!

Here are some weblinks, I just glanced over them and they looked pretty good:
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/acne-scars-biggest-mistakes

[Edited link out]

" "Acne systems that usebenzoyl peroxide or an alphahydroxy acid tend to work well. But, if those don't work or stop working, you need to see a dermatologist. "

I used both and they stopped working....LOL...so i think i took the right next step.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/24/2016 1:53 am

Tea tree oil is a miracle oil. People go towards BP, but I'm a strong believer that TTO helps cure redness and scarring while BP just kills the bacteria and leaves the skin dry and red.