Notifications
Clear all

Looking for treatment advice for my scars. Pics included

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/04/2016 11:04 pm

I have scars that are practically identical to those in the first picture and was wondering what treatment you think would be best.  The pics I took were under pretty forgiving light and are definitely far worse at different angles/lighting.  I've been looking into subcision lately but really have no clue.  What do you guys think would be a good treatment or place to start?  

Disregard my terribly dry skin and premature gray hairs.  

CO2-Combined-1.jpg

20160304_055904.jpg

20160304_055909.jpg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/05/2016 12:43 am

I don't know much about subcision, but Im pretty sure its considered the best way to treat what look like icepick scars. Your skin doesnt look too bad so I would avoid lasers. AHA will probably help some.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/06/2016 8:41 pm

Appreciate it. I'll look into AHA for sure. Yea I'm not really sure if they are icepick or boxcar. They aren't too deep or too bad, but still annoying as hell to have on my face.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/08/2016 6:09 am

On 3/7/2016 at 9:15 PM, beautifulambition said:

Subsicion is the right thing for you. There is a video in this post I made to the bottom. Filler is also option for chicken pock like scars

Appreciate the feedback. I have a few questions for you. What do you think of the severity/type? Also any idea what percentage decrease I can expect with subcision? Are there permanent fillers available?

MemberMember
(@dani1818)

Posted : 03/08/2016 6:24 am

Hi when you touch your scars you feel dent / hole ?
Or your skin feels smooth ?

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 03/08/2016 4:34 pm

On 5 March 2016 at 5:43 AM, QuanHenry said:

I don't know much about subcision, but Im pretty sure its considered the best way to treat what look like icepick scars. Your skin doesnt look too bad so I would avoid lasers. AHA will probably help some.

I disagree - those are not icepick scars! Google icepick scars - yours do not look like that. OP, you have very similar scarring to me in the exact same place as me i.e. temples. Yours look like the same severity as mine. I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon who rated my scarring on my temples as moderate (mild end of moderate) and recommended 3 dermarolling (micro needling) treatments and a chemical peel. May be worth looking in to? Why don't you arrange for a free consultation with a plastic surgeon or derm?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/08/2016 9:45 pm

15 hours ago, dani1818 said:

Hi when you touch your scars you feel dent / hole ?
Or your skin feels smooth ?

It's tough to tell really. I have one on the other temple that I can sort of feel an indent. The pictures I show I can barely feel any indents (maybe one or two it's tough to tell). I would say the skin feels smooth for the most part but I can slightly feel holes. Not really sure to be honest.

5 hours ago, 3wishes14 said:
I disagree - those are not icepick scars! Google icepick scars - yours do not look like that. OP, you have very similar scarring to me in the exact same place as me i.e. temples. Yours look like the same severity as mine. I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon who rated my scarring on my temples as moderate (mild end of moderate) and recommended 3 dermarolling (micro needling) treatments and a chemical peel. May be worth looking in to? Why don't you arrange for a free consultation with a plastic surgeon or derm?

Yea that's not a bad idea at all. I think they are mild boxcar scars tbh. I just really have no clue where to start. I will look into dermarolling and peels for sure Do you have pictures of your scars? Also have you started any treatments yet?