Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What will a dermatologist prescribe me?

I've had ance for about 6 years now and have been of the regimen for 2.5. I have super oily, large pore skin. The regimen has never cleared my skin, only helped. I still get at least 3 cyst a month along with regular zits. My ance use to be almost severe 3 years ago. I still have quit a few red spots. I'm going to the dermatologist this month and wonder what treatment they will put me on. I'd love to take Accutane because it alters the oil glands permanently meaning no more oily skin and ance prone skin. I don't think I have enough ance on my face for it to be prescribed though. I'm sick and tired of creams! I spend an hour a day moring and night doing the regimen. That over 600hours of application in the last 2.5 years! If anyone can answer my question about what treatment a dermatologist will prescribed that would help me a lot.

They'll likely prescribe an antibiotic along with a retinoid but don't quote me! Usually they try antibiotics first and if all else fails, they'll prescribe accutane.

On 2016-03-04 at 10:56 PM, austin with ance said:

I've had ance for about 6 years now and have been of the regimen for 2.5. I have super oily, large pore skin. The regimen has never cleared my skin, only helped. I still get at least 3 cyst a month along with regular zits. My ance use to be almost severe 3 years ago. I still have quit a few red spots. I'm going to the dermatologist this month and wonder what treatment they will put me on. I'd love to take Accutane because it alters the oil glands permanently meaning no more oily skin and ance prone skin. I don't think I have enough ance on my face for it to be prescribed though. I'm sick and tired of creams! I spend an hour a day moring and night doing the regimen. That over 600hours of application in the last 2.5 years! If anyone can answer my question about what treatment a dermatologist will prescribed that would help me a lot.

Nooooooooo do NOT WASTE TIME ON ANTIBIOTICS MAN, seriously im telling you this from a brother to another who has suffered from severe Acne. If you skip antibiotics and go to Accutane directly you will thank me, antibiotics causes stronger resistant Acne and does absolutely nothinggggggggg against the root causes. You need Accutane and nothing else no creams or antibiotics. Id rather take a probiotic for Acne than an antibiotic. Please go and lie to your dermatologist if you need to, say that you have tried two different antibiotics if possible so you dont have to go through that bullshit that ruins your gut and is more harmful long term than Accutane which is simpy a vitamin A overdose that causes toxic damage to the skin so it stops producing sebum by up to 50-80%

12 hours ago, Strongbodyforgoodskin said:
On 3/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, austin with ance said:

Nooooooooo do NOT WASTE TIME ON ANTIBIOTICS MAN, seriously im telling you this from a brother to another who has suffered from severe Acne. If you skip antibiotics and go to Accutane directly you will thank me, antibiotics causes stronger resistant Acne and does absolutely nothinggggggggg against the root causes. You need Accutane and nothing else no creams or antibiotics. Id rather take a probiotic for Acne than an antibiotic. Please go and lie to your dermatologist if you need to, say that you have tried two different antibiotics if possible so you dont have to go through that bullshit that ruins your gut and is more harmful long term than Accutane which is simpy a vitamin A overdose that causes toxic damage to the skin so it stops producing sebum by up to 50-80%
Agreed.  Derms only prescribe antibiotics in hope that by the time they stop working, teens will have already outgrown their acne.  They are useless in the long term fight.  Be careful with accutane though.  I would request a low-dose treatment.