Notifications
Clear all

Heard it all before; genetic acne??

MemberMember
(@tsqbiz)

Posted : 03/04/2016 4:44 pm

15 y.o, mom and dad never had bad acne per say, general breakouts here and there when they were younger. My dad said he got really big pimples in his teens right around where I get them. But he said they went away eventually. Mom didn't, but she has very oily skin and large pores but never dealt with acne, although her siblings had it. Brother and sister both had very bad acne. Left scars and my brother is still trying to control it. I'm worried I'm going to follow the same fate. I'm already breaking out now, but what's different is that my siblings had perfect skin, and then just broke out. My sister claimed it was because of her trip to Germany that triggered it. My brother, well I don't know but he did smoke and drink a lot. Is there any clues on my face already indicating my demise? I'm trying my best to prevent it. I wear no makeup, drink water a lot, drink kombucha daily, eat healthy, moderately active, wash face, ect. Any wise words or tips anybody can offer? Thanks so much 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 03/13/2016 1:46 am

It seems that if acne is going to start 15 is the age,mine did and my daughter and son,so yes genectic BUT I found out what triggered it and so halted it in it's tracks for them, I had a 10 year nightmare,it started around the nose and like you we all had a healthy complexion like you apart from 1 or 2 cystic spots.
So you can consider my e mail which might or might not be your problem or hope you find another cure or accept the fact that acne is going to control your life for many years like your family, BUT you are doing the best thing,that is to prevent it,that's how my family stay spot free to this day.

Our spots are caused by chemical additives in packet food,sauces,soups,drinks,tablets, some of the ingredients are
   Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy Protein, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Dehydrated Soy Sauce , Soya Lecithin, Potassium Carbonate, Sodium (Mono, Hexameta, and/or Tripoly) Phosphate, Sodium Carbonate, Turmeric, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent), Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Lactose.

So we avoid anything that contains these chemicals and any products that has chemicals,do you think kombucha is working as it can contains many chemicals (look at attachment)  unless it freshly made,

Now we all know vegtables are good for us, so for example if I drank only tap water and ate nothing but 3 bowls of sprouts/cauliflower/spinach it would be so healthy for us but if I wanted some flavour with it and  mixed some gravy granules and poured over the vegtables I would be eating   Maltodextrin,, Niacin, Thiamin), Colour (E150c), flavourings , Flavour Enhancers (E621, E635), Emulsifier (E322) (contains Soya =   RESULT A HUGE CYSTIC SPOT, FACT

So I hope I can help you if you have the same allergy/intolerance as my family

vitamin_code_raw_kombucha_supplement_facts.jpg

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 03/14/2016 1:56 am

Hi,
Glad to hear that you have your acne under control and it's down to what you eat,I wonder what small % of suffers are feeding their acne daily,everything on here points to a healthy diet which is no doubt is a major contributing factor,but doesn't always lead to a healthy face,
I suffered for 10 years,as one cystic pimple died the next one would surface,I moved away from home and ate rubbish chips/fries,pies,cakes,chocolate daily for months resulting in the end of my cystic spots,so however healthy your diet is,if you only eat fruit and vegatables everyday, if you have one cup of instant soup or noodles and you have the same allergy/intolerance as me and my children the vegatables won't counter react the chemicals listed in the post above FACT,

as for tumeric, yes you are right if taken in moderation --------------- Turmeric is generally safe in individuals of all age groups if consumed within 1500 mg/ day; however, some individuals may develop nausea, vomiting, gastric upset or diarrhea with high (or sometimes with normal doses). Turmeric containing ointments and lotions may lead to skin allergy, rash and burning sensation in some genetically susceptible individuals. In severe cases, hives, contact dermatitis and anaphylaxis may also develop.

Thank you for your reply.